1235»

Replies

• Addictedtodamon
    Options
    I would workout the frustration out. That would make you feel better
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who has a gastric band and he lost 100 pounds! Then he started to learn the types of food he could eat without pain......now 3 years past his surgery he has put on about 50 of the pounds he lost. So many people have surgery and the long term rate on that is no different than it is for regular weight loss - where there is a will there is a way. The surgeon is the next person stealing money from you with the dreams you have of magic weight loss.
  • lself0924
    lself0924 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the lovely messages....I just needed a kick up the *kitten* really. I will start a fresh now and get back on the wagon.

i am a really placid calm person but lost it today at the disciplinary hearing calling him a bull****ter and a lying thief. That is not what I am like normally.

Taking an evening off work and trying to relax.

Glad to hear you're sticking with us!
  • lself0924
    lself0924 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    In the words of one of your countrymen, (my appologies if this is politically incorrect or offends):

" Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.'' - Winston Churchill 29 October 1941 to the boys at Harrow School.

Love the quote! Think I'll keep this one!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    those are excuses. not reasons. have you seen the pics & message boards here - the success stories? Do you think those people didn't have road-blocks and frustration along the way?
    Stuff happens in EVERYBODY'S life - we can fight back or let it defeat us.
    Quitters NEVER WIN
    Winners NEVER QUIT
  • SusieDerkinsRocks
    SusieDerkinsRocks Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    you have enough on your shoulders Quitting will make it worse. Not only will you have the negative consequences of the food to your health, but you'll have much BIGGER negative impact to your feeling of strength and self-pride in what you've achieved. Good luck!
  • HoneyPie99
    Options
    Never ever give up! Sorry about things going bad for you right now but its life, thing happen to good people. Just take a breath and continue on your journey, you can do it!
  • kgerm317
    kgerm317 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Had a horrible day! One of my employees who was also a personal friend has been caught stealing off me. My business has lost £900 this month.

Spent all day rowing with people...in stinking mood.

Have been bingeing non stop from noon.

Think this is over....never going to lose weight....will have to save my pennies for a gastric band instead

Do not give that person so much control over your being! They are rotten for stealing money from you. DO NOT give them the power to steal your pride, confidence and health from you as well!! This is a bump in the road, for sure. But don't let it be more than that! You can overcome this.
  • Mamalea32
    Mamalea32 Posts: 134
    Options
    Please be strong as binging is dangerous behavior. I got hooked on it and am currently frickin' bulimic. No stress caused by other people's crrrrap is worth damaging your body. Your body is sacred. Take care!
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    because quitting one thing solves another problem.. sorry, just being real about this.

This ^^ And it also sounds like another excuse. I'm so sorry this has happened to you but such is life. Things are going to happen and you cant let it bring you down.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options

I'm glad you decided to stick with us and I like and agree with all the positive things people have said. That leaves me free to tell you that when I first read this ^^^, I thought you meant rowing like in a boat on a river or lake and I couldn't figure out why that put you in a stinking mood. :blushing: Hope things are going better for you. :flowerforyou:
  • optimist49
    Options
    Or tomorrow is a new day and you can stand up and fight back to achieve what you desire. There will always be outside forces in life trying to hold you down, other people, tempting food, your kids wearing you out and throwing tantrums, a bad day at work, a rude customer or an annoying coworker...It's part of the overall fight in overcoming all these obstacles while still making sure you take care of yourself!!

You are more than free to quit....But what will you have really achieved in doing so???
    Ditto:flowerforyou:
  • optimist49
    Options
    In the words of one of your countrymen, (my appologies if this is politically incorrect or offends):

" Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.'' - Winston Churchill 29 October 1941 to the boys at Harrow School.

Love the quote! Think I'll keep this one!
    me too, think I'll put it on my fridge
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    because quitting one thing solves another problem.. sorry, just being real about this.

^^this x 6,231,785
  • TimSPC
    TimSPC Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Had a horrible day! One of my employees who was also a personal friend has been caught stealing off me. My business has lost £900 this month.

Have been bingeing non stop from noon.

Think this is over....never going to lose weight....will have to save my pennies for a gastric band instead

That's your journey. You've got to live your life. Good luck.