Sweet NSV: Yes, I love that man of mine!

Options
moxiecowgirl
moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
This happened almost a week ago, but I haven't had time to share. Now, I need to sing about it! :smile:

I'm in a long-distance relationship. We see each other as often as we can, but nowhere near as much as we'd like. We talk daily on the phone, and he's been amazingly supportive throughout my surgery and all the weight I've lost so far, although he says he'd still have thought me beautiful if I'd never lost a pound. :love: :love: What a sweetie!:love::love:

Anyway, I digress...

He was here to visit last weekend, and upon taking a look at my wardrobe, most of which I was still wearing from 30 lbs or more ago, decided it was time for a shopping trip. We had a great time and bought a few really cute things, but I was having a hard time convincing myself that I "could" wear a lot of what was available in the shops we visited. I noticed he was getting a little flustered, but had on his brave game face while he followed me in and out from place to place. Finally, we came to a shoe store, where I promptly decided I NEEDED a new pair of spring/summer shoes.

It didn't take us long to find a really cute pair of wedges, and the saleslady ever-so-helpfully pointed out that there was a BOGO sale going on, so off we went in search of something else nice to add on, because we're suckers like that. He found a sweet little infinity scarf and asked me to try it on for him. I did, but giggled about it not going with my outfit. It was then that I looked up and saw the change in his expression. His voice got all soft and husky with emotion, and he said "no, baby, you're right, it doesn't go, but you need to go look in the mirror right now."

I was a bit confused as to why looking in the mirror was so important rightthissecond, but I did as he said, and hit the full length mirror at the back of the room, while he followed along.

I wasn't too sure at first who that radiantly cute girl was looking back at me, with her stylish clothes, pretty curves, and brilliant smile, with the hint of pretty pink in her cheeks and the sparkling eyes. I looked into the mirror to get a glimpse at my love behind me, just in time to see him wipe away a tear with the biggest smile on his face. We just stared at each other for a second while I took in the image of myself the way he sees me...the way everyone but me, I think, sees me. He nodded at me and whispered "you see it, don't you?" I couldn't speak. I just nodded while the happy tears flooded my eyes.

Next thing I know, I'm in his arms. I'm crying, he's crying and whispering things in my ear like "welcome to your new life", "I'm so proud of you", "you're beautiful", and "I love you". I'm pretty sure the shop lady thought we were nuts, but if this is insanity, I have little to no desire to ever be sane again!

In case you're wondering, yes, the scarf AND the shoes came home with us. :happy:

Replies

• mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    awwwwwww! My eyes are welling up. Good for you and good for him!!
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    AWWW!! My heart just melted. Congrats on your transformation and for having such an amazing guy!
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Beautiful NSV! Now, I'm crying.
  • exzcape
    exzcape Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That is such a heart warming NSV!!! :) Thank you so very much for sharing that with us.
  • WanderingLass
    WanderingLass Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What a wonderfully sweet NSV!!!

Please excuse me...something seems to have gotten in my eye....
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Awesome! And, yes, I'm holding back the tears.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Awe, that is so wonderful. Makes life worth living for sure
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    I LOVED your story so much that I got weepy! He is a KEEPER!
    Congratulations!:love:
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    awww..misting up here!
  • Mindochka
    Mindochka Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Amazing NSV. Reading your story gave me goosebumps. Just wonderful.
  • StephanyC331
    Options
    Now Im crying, What a sweet man and I'm glad he opened your eyes... Congrats on the weight loss
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your transformation and on having such a loving, supportive partner!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Yep, tissue time. What a wonderful story. You have a keeper.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Awwww :') Reading this made me feel so happy inside! These things make me regain hope for love.. I hope I find true love someday too!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Simply... awesome. Congrats to you on all the wonderful things (and people) you have.
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    how lovely - and a bit misty too. You are so fortunate to have a supportive and verbal partner. Can I borrow him for a shopping trip?:heart::heart: :heart:
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!:). Thanks for sharing.
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Awwww! That's awesome he's like that. So happy for you!
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Darn you for making a sick pregnant lady cry!! That's the most beautiful thing, you hold on to that one!!! And congrats on all of your hard work
  • krichardson0102
    krichardson0102 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new life and your wonderful man! You made me tear up this morning too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!