New Guy

Options
I just found this on my iPhone and update it as I eat. I like the minimalistic style and the fact that it doesn't throw useless info my way like spark did. My name is Mark and I turn 30 on Tuesday. I am currently training for a triathlon (Sprint) and hope to do one this fall in September. I currently weigh in at 270 at 6'5" which is down from 285 at the beginning of May.

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the greatest site I have found :)
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I just found this on my iPhone and update it as I eat. I like the minimalistic style and the fact that it doesn't throw useless info my way like spark did. My name is Mark and I turn 30 on Tuesday. I am currently training for a triathlon (Sprint) and hope to do one this fall in September. I currently weigh in at 270 at 6'5" which is down from 285 at the beginning of May.

Welcome to MFP Mark!

Good luck with your triathlon training and then with the competition, no easy feat, hats off to ya! :drinker:
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi there! Welcome to MFP. Best wishes in your training!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Wow, training for a triathalon! How awesome! Hope you enjoy the site and all the wonderful people on it! Best of luck to you!
  • hartlife48
    hartlife48 Posts: 33
    Options
    Just found this website too and I think it's awesome. Don't have a lot to lose but still good practice to log what I eat because sometimes its a real eye opener. Good luck with the triathalon!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Congrats on finding this wonderful site!! It's helped so many people become healthier, not to mention, loose pounds and inches. Good luck on your training and if you need anything, we are all here to help :)

Bru
  • CRAZIBUTIFUL
    Options
    Just heard about this website from a friend, I was set ton weight loss surgery when it all came to a halt, I really want that healthy go lucky life style and want to be here for my kids, I'm hoping that through this site it will help me, I've never done anything like this before online, I have read some of the success stories and it really encourges me
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

WELCOME to MFP!! Best of luck and success in losing the weight and getting the triathalon done. That's impressive!!
  • USNAviator10
    Options
    Welcome to the boards!! You'll def find some great people to keep you motivated here and inspired!!

Good luck with the triathlon....that's something I hope to conquer next year.
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mark, glad you found MFP.

Good luck on your Tri!
  • nibert
    nibert Posts: 5
    Options
    The training is going well, I was training for it last year and was hit by a car in a cross walk on my bike. THat slowed me down and then after that I ended up with a stress fracture in spots on my right foot from running. I am doing a lot better since then, I picked up my bike in the middle of April and just finished my first 50 mile ride last Friday w/ an avg speed of 16 mph. My running is coming along very slowly as is my swimming but I am making it there 4-5 times a week w/ brick workouts when I can. I appreciate all the support and I am here to help anyone that needs it.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    The training is going well, I was training for it last year and was hit by a car in a cross walk on my bike. THat slowed me down and then after that I ended up with a stress fracture in spots on my right foot from running. I am doing a lot better since then, I picked up my bike in the middle of April and just finished my first 50 mile ride last Friday w/ an avg speed of 16 mph. My running is coming along very slowly as is my swimming but I am making it there 4-5 times a week w/ brick workouts when I can. I appreciate all the support and I am here to help anyone that needs it.
    WoW!! I'm so sorry that happened to you. But at the same time, I'm glad to hear you are doing better. Congrats on the 50miles! I'm sure your running will come back strong. Good luck on your journey and I can't wait to hear about your triathlon! Best wishes! Bru
  • nibert
    nibert Posts: 5
    Options
    I got lucky w/ getting hit but oh well life moves on. I am more careful on the road when riding but still have a little bit of anxiety sometimes. Biking is still my favorite of the 3