NSV Running like Usain BOLT?

Options
No..not yet, but I think the day I run a 30 second
Quarter mile is the day whales dominate the high jump,and the day I beat him.
Anyways, I ran my 3 miles in 26.5 minutes the other day
And the day after I ran 4 miles in 37.5 minutes. My fastest
Times that I can remember! What NSV's have you accomplished?
21e848j.gif

Replies

• krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. Well done! My NSV is just having stuck to my workout routine for almost 5 months now. It is a huge mental challenge for me.
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Congratulations, btw. Running is great.

My NSV:

When I first began running, 08:00 minute miles were "somewhat" easy and consistent. After I quit for a while and started back I wanted that speed back. I'm not saying it's as easy and consistent as it used to be but I can do about 6 of them in a 10K race setting.
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, btw. Running is great.

My NSV:

When I first began running, 08:00 minute miles were "somewhat" easy and consistent. After I quit for a while and started back I wanted that speed back. I'm not saying it's as easy and consistent as it used to be but I can do about 6 of them in a 10K race setting.

That's pretty legit man. I don't think I've ever ran an 8 minute mile.
    At least not consistently! I usually run 10 minute miles but some days I'm faster for some
    Odd reason. That's awesome though!
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My running NSV goes like this:

When I started running I could barely do 5.0mph for 5 minutes without pain all over, not being able to breathe, and huffing and puffing away.

The other night I ran 4.75 miles in 45 mins (6.3 mph) and felt amazing. For me the NSV is in the distances... This weekend I am planning for a 6 mile run. And I can't wait!
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    9:00 1.5 mile and 18:45 5k. I've never done a timed 1-mile, but it's on my list of things to try at some point.
  • Peazwithin
    Peazwithin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Not running like Usain yet but walking, walking, walking! My NSV .. am now doing 5ks in under 45 minutes!! Walking! My goal is to get myself to a ten minute mile! May not reach it but it is cool to have and work towards the goal! Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work! You are doing an awesome job!!
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Running like Usain Bolt would be more than an NSV, it would be breaking world records. :)
    A little while ago I broke my post-high school 2-mile PR with 13:33. That made me feel good. :)