Thinking about intermittent fasting

Options
Mostly as a way to control myself from eating all night long. I live alone, and some nights are just a free for all, especially when stressed.
I work from 7-4, with a 45 min commute each way. I’m thinking my eating window would be 9-5. I would eat a larger breakfast, larger lunch, some kind of snack, then a 2 scoop protein shake on the drive home. By the time I get home, eating window is over.

Self control problems solved :tongue:

Any thoughts on this?

Replies

• GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    what is this exactly? is to fast on eating when you are not truly hungry. if so I need to do the same
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Mostly as a way to control myself from eating all night long. I live alone, and some nights are just a free for all, especially when stressed.
    I work from 7-4, with a 45 min commute each way. I’m thinking my eating window would be 9-5. I would eat a larger breakfast, larger lunch, some kind of snack, then a 2 scoop protein shake on the drive home. By the time I get home, eating window is over.

Self control problems solved :tongue:

Any thoughts on this?

If you eat all night long why not continue and limit food early in the day? Or just amp up your will power
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Check out this Group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/66-intermittent-fasting

Lots of support and answers there.

Good luck.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If nighttime is when you have the most trouble wouldn't it make more sense to have your eating window then? When I did IF my windows was 6pm-1am.
  • naj230
    naj230 Posts: 1
    Options
    Try:
    www.52fastdiet.co.uk
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    If nighttime is when you have the most trouble wouldn't it make more sense to have your eating window then? When I did IF my windows was 6pm-1am.

I considered that, but I thought it would open more opportunity to eat fast food and other junk that would not be available to me during the day.
  • jennyredfern
    jennyredfern Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great plan. I did that when I had more weight to lose. It helped a lot. Once you get closer to your goal you can always change things up again. Good luck!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I am a definite supporter of intermittent fasting. Another site would be www.leangains.com.

I also highly recommend picking up Brad Pilon's 'Eat-STOP-Eat' off of Amazon. Even if you choose a different format (like leangains), the information in Brad's book is pretty invaluable.
  • Mary1NYS
    Mary1NYS Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Interesting video on PBS website about fasting and Intermittent fasting.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2363162206/
  • twapanam
    twapanam Posts: 1
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is not only for weight loss. I suggest reading The Fast Diet.....I was more interested in the health benefits versus the weight loss...Not only do you lose weight but you are healthier and statistics show you live longer. Has huge impact on prevention of cancer, heart and Alzheimer's
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Interesting video on PBS website about fasting and Intermittent fasting.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2363162206/

Very interesting video. The way Mr. Mosley went about the 5:2 diet is effectively what Brad Pilon recommends in his book 'Eat, STOP, Eat'.