Problem with loose skin after major weight loss?

Options
I've been having that issue for awhile now.
Been using skin tightening lotion and lifting more weights.
It's helping to tighten my skin a little bit better but I still have more to go.
Mainly where it's present on me right now is my stomach, chest, arms (very little) and thighs.

If I had to guess how much loose skin...
-Chest: 1/2 inch
-Stomach: 2 inches
-Arms: 1/4 inch
-Thighs: 1 inch
(Keep in mind I've lost 78 pounds in 6 months.)

Though I was a lot worse 1 month ago.
It has improved in that amount of time.

Topic Question:
Does anyone have the problem of loose skin after major weight loss?
(Has it improved over time for you at all?)

>.<

Replies

• tabathavm
    tabathavm Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump, i would like to know this as well.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I've got quite a bit, especially on my thighs, stomach, and lady lumps. I'm sure some of it will "bounce back" but, as I now have some LOVELY strechmarks, I know it won't all go back to the way it was. I'll take the loose skin over fat any day.
  • globetrotter42
    Options
    I have become worried about this issue. This is one reason why I want to stop this weight gain now before it is too late and I have to have skin taken off and have scars from it. This is awful. I am exercising and eating less now. I also have the fact that I am going through menopause now to contend with and that for a woman is a huge hindrance.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    They discuss this a lot on "The Biggest Loser." Most conservative plastic surgeons will not remove loose skin until you have been at your goal weight for a couple of years. If it hasn't shrunk back by then, it's not going to. If you remove it before your goal, you could have the same problem later. If you don't wait the 2 yrs, then it could mean cutting more than they need to.

That said, I know in some cases, they will remove it sooner, if it is so bad that it is impeding movement...like hanging between legs. Or developing infections in skin folds.

They do say too, that it isn't just weighing a lot that causes the skin not to shrink back, but more when people gain & lose...yoyo...so much that their skin loses its elasticity.