reached goal

Options
schnarfo
schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
Today I reached my goal so I changed my settings to maintain my current weight. The thing is I am so used to eating 1200 calories that I have no idea how I am going to eat an extra 500 a day without resorting to reaching for wine and mars bars! How can I increase my daily intake with 'good' calories?

Replies

• Granny2b
    Granny2b Posts: 91
    Options
    well done you !
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Try adding in almonds or avacado -- higher in calories but filled with good fat.

Congrats on reaching your goal.
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    If you eat salads try, almonds, sunflower seeds, avocados, or a dressing with olive oil, all really good for you and full of bulk calories.

Add some peanut butter to a snack, like an apple or banana.
    For 155 calories you can have 4 Wheat thins flat breads and a wedge of laughing cow. I love the sundried tomato and mozzerella, Yum!!

A glass of skim milk at night adds 110 calories and helps keep cravings away.

Increase your lean meat portions by 1 oz per meal.

There are lots of healthy ways to increase calories, but still keep your healthy lifestyle in focus. Congrats and have fun in maitenance!
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I dont know if i would jump that much over night... maybe add 100 per day til you get there!!
  • Winter0916
    Winter0916 Posts: 80
    Options
    Well done! Congrats!
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    IT TOOK ME AWHILE TO ADJUST TO THE INCREASED CALORIES AS WELL.II STILL DON'TEAT THEM ALL BUT I DECREASED THE AMOUNT OF CARDIO I DO , SO THAT HELPS. i HAVE BEEN ON MAINTENANCE FOR ABOUT 6 WEEKS NOW AND IT IS WORKING. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I dont know if i would jump that much over night... maybe add 100 per day til you get there!!

i was thinking this!

I prob wont have much of a problem as I am going on holiday on sunday and will probably gain a load of weight and then when I come back have to lose it all again!
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck with maintenance, I am sure you will do great!!
  • hannah_lin
    hannah_lin Posts: 54
    Options
    Yay!! Good for you!! :) I agree about the good fats-- olive oil, avocado, etc. It's not easy to afford those foods when you're trying to lose, but they're super good for you! Also maybe throw in some extra dark chocolate....:)