Blogs

Options
Can they be made so they are private only? or does it become public once u write in them?

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am confused, why write private blog? Surely the whole point of web log is to inform other people?

Or just leave it on your PC in Word or similar
  • joannab71
    Options
    no need to be confused, it was a simple yes or no. It's my business, and I wanted to keep it that way. I already did a test, and yes it's public.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You can make it private, not sure how though. My wife uses hers as a journal.
  • joannab71
    Options
    yes, that's how I wanted to use it. You get me :D but I've looked and looked and can't see how to do it. I'll stick with my other online diary. TY :)
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    if you're logged into YOUR MFP account when you try to "search" it via google it will indeed "appear" to be public, because you're logged in you have access.

Have a look at
    my home > my blog
    and RIGHT under the "new post" is "preferences"
    one of the options is "my blog is viewable by..." myself only (private) MFP members only... no one that isn't a member of MFP can read it.. my MFP friends only.. only those users of MFP that you're friends with can view it... or public... anyone anywhere that stumbles on your blog can read it.

Up to you if you trust the privacy settings on a website as to if your stuff is 'private" or not. But make sure you're logged OUT of MFP when you try to do a search using the same browser to see if your blog posts appear. If you're logged in it's the 'same" as you clicking to my home > my blog and clicking through the posts one by one.
  • joannab71
    Options
    Very helpful reply, I appreciate it very much. Thank you for taking the time to answer :)
  • joannab71
    Options
    Woot! I found it, under preferences like suggested where u change the FONT and COLOR etc, there's a drop down box that asks who can view it. So I'll do the check just to make sure it's only me that can see it atm. :D ty