A Roller Coaster Morning

Options
storm15918
storm15918 Posts: 88 Member
So this morning I did my official weight in like I do every Friday. I stepped on the scale...and I gained 1.2 lbs! I was somewhat upset to see I had gained weight instead of lost it, but I just tried to tell myself that it's probably just from not drinking enough water lately and that it'll be better next week. I couldn't help but be disappointed though. A little while later I started getting ready to head to campus, and when I put on my jeans something awesome happened. I wear pants that are too big because I'm self-conscious, and so I use a belt. I usually wear it on the 3rd hole out of 5. But this morning when I tightened it, I put it on the 4th hole without even realizing it! That means that even though my weight has gone up, I've gone down a belt hole!! It was exactly the boost I needed after weigh in this morning. It just goes to show that the numbers do lie from time to time :smile:

Replies

• scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Way to go....the scale isnt alway the way to go. I have found measuring is my best way to notice change. Your weight gain could be several things such as water weight ect. Dont get frusterated hold your head high and stride you did it!!!
  • scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Way to go....the scale isnt alway the way to go. I have found measuring is my best way to notice change. Your weight gain could be several things such as water weight ect. Dont get frusterated hold your head high and stride you are doing awesome! :smile:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Hey dont sweat a pound or 2 1-5 pound gained is normal depending on when and what you ate the night before. It may just not have been digested yet.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Awesome job ....... when you least expect it, something surprising happens :drinker:
  • storm15918
    storm15918 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Hey dont sweat a pound or 2 1-5 pound gained is normal depending on when and what you ate the night before. It may just not have been digested yet.

Well I did have a big, yummy taco salad for dinner last night so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!