no longer pre-diabetic :)

Options
So, I've been pre-diabetic ever since I got gestational diabetes during my pregnancy, and my doctor kept telling me if I lost weight, it would go away. So now that my baby is 4 1/2 years old, and 4 years of me taking Metformin to control my blood sugar, after getting serious a couple months ago and losing around 20 pounds my blood sugar levels are within normal ranges and my doctor has taken me off my meds. We are going to check my A1C levels in about a month and a half and if it looks good, I will no longer be pre-diabetic!

It's sorta sad that I didn't do this earlier, but still it's good news. Luckily, besides being way overweight, all my other stuff, cholesterol, blood pressure, liver, blah blah, blah have always been good. :)

Replies

• Sherryishealthyandstrong
    Options
    That's great!! Walking for exercise and eating low carb is how my Mom controls her diabetes.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Aw, that's great!! Congratulations. :happy:
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Metformin co-pay ~~ 25.00 dollars

Not needing Metformin anymore because you are making healthy choices ~ priceless!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Metformin co-pay ~~ 25.00 dollars

Not needing Metformin anymore because you are making healthy choices ~ priceless!

:wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So, I've been pre-diabetic ever since I got gestational diabetes during my pregnancy, and my doctor kept telling me if I lost weight, it would go away. So now that my baby is 4 1/2 years old, and 4 years of me taking Metformin to control my blood sugar, after getting serious a couple months ago and losing around 20 pounds my blood sugar levels are within normal ranges and my doctor has taken me off my meds. We are going to check my A1C levels in about a month and a half and if it looks good, I will no longer be pre-diabetic!

It's sorta sad that I didn't do this earlier, but still it's good news. Luckily, besides being way overweight, all my other stuff, cholesterol, blood pressure, liver, blah blah, blah have always been good. :)

Rejoice, you have seen the light and changed your weighs....er ways!! :laugh: That is super aweome going off the meds! I am very proud of you!! :flowerforyou: Jeannie
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!