Does Insanity Work?

Options
I am planning to start insanity I just wanted to know does it really work or is it a waste of time as there are quite a few negative reviews. Also does anyone have before and after pictures of when they did insanity?

Replies

• synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    does it work is to vague.... how are you expecting it to work for you? of course someone who has 0 activity if they do insanity they will have results..... if your a body builder looking to build muscle and you start doing this crazy cardio work out you will probably loose some mass..... it all depends on what you want out of it and how hard you work while doing it
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I was doing moderate lifting/cardio workouts 2-3 times a week. I started adding in 3-4 Insanity workouts per week (not following the program exactly) and have been doing so for 3 weeks. I don't track specifically, but have noticed definite improvements in endurance, strength, and have dropped a few pounds and a pants size off my waist. So, for me it works, because it gets me to to high intensity workouts that I would classify as 2/3 cardio and 1/3 strength, and has helped me get closer to my goals. Plus it is kinda fun :)
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Nope. Doesn't work. Total waste of time. You are better off eating poptarts and ice cream. Better results.
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Like any workout program - your results are truly up to you. Some haters of the program just don't like listening to Shaun T's comments and yeah, they can get a bit much when you hear them over and over again. I tuned him out and concentrate on my form. I liked the program. It's hard work and if you like to change up your work outs by doing a DVD program, it's a good one to get. Like everything, after doing the same work out for 3-5 months, you need a change. I personally have P90X, Insanity, Zumba and right now doing Les Mills Combat. I'm sure that when I get sick of the last one, I'll pop in one of the other ones and do a hybrid of all of them. I like to keep things interesting.

Oh and yes, Insanity works if you want it to. :)
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It works as well as you make it work just like everything else out there.

If you put in proper effort and don't quit when you are tired or feel it's too hard than it will work if paired with proper diet.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Commit yourself to the workout and you'll see great results
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Insanity, like all Beachbody products, are a two fold product. First there is the diet, then there is the advanced exercises. I'm on it... it works. Do it.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Does it work? Sure... I did it, I am 100 pounds overweight I went from doing zero activity to insanity... I didn't lose any weight. My endurance is 1000 times better than it was My posture is better, I think there was a little improvement in my body composition but I could just be looking for things that aren't really there.

I am far too lazy to do image tags and post the pics... but here are 52 days of insanity - I have the 60th day but my computer died and I have no way to get them off the camera- not a whole lot of change in the last 10 days that I could see from the tiny view picture though..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Like_a_T_Rex_/view/52-days-of-insanity-pics-503708
  • vynnette26
    vynnette26 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Any diet/exercise plan works with commitment and dedication. Insanity does work for me. I haven't dropped weight as fast as I would like but I definitely feel stronger and my endurance has improved. Doing the program 6 days a week was to intense for my back and knees but I do it 4 times a week.
  • AlanisT
    AlanisT Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The previous post is right it depends what u expect. I am currently doing it and i want to lose weight and get stronger. Its definately making me stronger and im getting muscle tone. Also i have only lost about 3 pounds but people think ive lost about 10, which is a good thing. It works for cardio. I was able to improve my running times and do alot of things i couldnt do before and i owe it to giving myself the 40 minutes a day for insanity. I hope my little story helps.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    The only way to know if it works is to do it. It certainly wont't work if you live on Big Macs and Milkshakes. If you eat a good balanced diet and work as hard as you can it will work. But following a good balanced diet and ( insert exercise program here ) will work too.
  • myredballoon
    Options
    For me, someone who is fairly active and gets to the gym about three times a week, I started to lose a little weight at first, after about a week, but at about two weeks, I had shin splints and my knees hurt so bad, I couldn't walk two minutes without wanting to scream in pain so I had to give it up. It's heavily built around jumping and squatting a lot, so unless you have a good squishy absorbent floor to jump on (a yoga mat on carpet wasn't enough for me) and excellent knees, you're better off just getting in some good cardio and weight training.
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Like everyone is saying it will work if you put the work into it! I've just finished week 1 of the second month and have seen about a 5 lb loss and 12 inches in total so far! It's really hard but fun if you like the challenge! So I would say go for it, what do you have to lose?
  • michelle_8106
    michelle_8106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am finishing week three tomorrow. I have lost 3.5-4 inches and 16lbs!!!! I have been eating VERY well and pushing myself with every workout! I am so amazed with myself on how I am able to move and jump and how strong I am after just three weeks! I can't wait to finish and start all over again! I'm hooked! I say if you are willing to eat healthy and really stick with it....it will work for you too!
    You can do it!!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!