swimming with your polar HRM

Options
Has anyone here gone swimming with their polar HRM? I have an Polar FT7. According to their manual it is good to wear while swimming. Has anyone had any problems with theirs after using it in the pool? Thanks!

Replies

• VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Although I forget which model I have ( I think P4 if that makes sense) because I bought it a couple of years ago but yes I hae worn it swimming and it still works great.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Took mine in the lake just last week and it worked great and haven't had an issue with it since. I was quite impressed with my heart rate rising so much just from treading water or running in place in neck deep water. Now when the kids want to go to the beach I will be all for it since I can get my exercise in at the same time!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and I went swimming with mine twice this weekend :happy:
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Does that mean the watch that you wear with it is water proof as well? I guess it would have to be since that's what records the heart rate from the chest strap.
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Yup. It's all good to wear in the water. I think you can go like 40 feet deep or something like that on mine (F6) but I don't plan on going scuba diving with it :)
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    Thank you for asking that question! I have the same HRM and I would have never thought that it was waterproof! Now I want to go swimming!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Thank you all!!! Think I will go for a swim :flowerforyou:
  • zoey116
    zoey116 Posts: 75
    Options
    I have the FT7 and i wear it in the water ALL the time. Almost all of my excersise is swimming and I've never had a problem with it. Just follow the instructions about not pushing the buttons under water. The only issue ive ever had is that it sometimes looses my heart rate when i'm most active but it will eventually start to pick it up again. :flowerforyou: