3 year old Birthday Party Ideas

Options
I posted this in FOOD and NUTRITION section too but thought I would add it here in the RECIPE section.

My baby girl turns 3 in a few weeks and I am having an in between meal time party, so only appetizers, snacks, drinks, etc. I need ideas for yummy finger foods (easy to make) that are both summery and possibly pretty to display.

I am already planning on doing fruit kabobs on skewers (yes I will cut the points off for the kids) and I'm displaying the kabobs in half of a watermelon...so pretty and fun

I am also making deviled eggs and I have a cute display for them...

What things would you recommend? Oh and this doesn't have to be "figure friendly" but if so then YAY!!

Think of what kids would love to see on the table to eat... maybe I can do rice crispy squares and poke some party favors on top or something...

Replies

• Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    My kids always loved the little finger sandwiches. You could make peanut butter and jelly and then cut them out with a cookie cutter to make cute and fun shaped sandwiches!
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    There is always those "dirt cups" where you use chocolate pudding and crushed oreos in small clear plastic cups with a few gummy worms. This could be dangerously messy, though.

There are a million things you can do with cupcakes, you can make frogs, flowers, monkeys, etc.

That's what pops in my head for now.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Anything with cheese is always a hit for kids! I like rolling up slices of cheese and deli turkey in tortillas and then cutting about 1 in pieces to make little mini rolls. You can put mayo or mustard on the tortillas to make the turkey and sheese stick.
    Also just plain old cheese and crackers kids usually love.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Use cookie cutters to make the rice crispie treats into fun shapes instead of just squares.

I make PB&J "sushi" for my kids for parties - just cut the bread into rectangles, spead the PB&J on & roll them up. Always a hit.

You can make punch fun by adding ice cream scoops & rubber duckies. Blue punch & white ice cream looks like a pond for the ducks (depending on your kids 'theme' you can add any sort of floating bath toy - clean & new of course lol)
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Since it's so hot out, you could make some homemade popsicles in different shapes. You can't put them out on the table but you can bring them out when you are ready to have them slurp them down.

Ditto little sandwiches, I have served little cheese sandwiches and egg salad. Be a little careful if serving peanut or nuts to little ones or check with the moms about nut allergies. They tend to start at this age.

Your ideas so far sound great!
  • pennylbunch
    pennylbunch Posts: 122
    Options
    you can slice some apples, spread peanut butter on them, add raisens and call them "ants on a log" or do the same with celery instead of apples. The kids love them! And its good for them!
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    you can do crackers with peanut butter and banana slices....
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have an annual luau for all my nieces and nephews, and their favorite item by far is jello shots (sans alcohol of course). I make them in jello injectors (they look like syringes but they are made for shooting jello) and they love them. I keep them in the fridge and then bring them out and get attacked every time. You could also do the old school jello shots using dixie cups.

I also make virgin cocktails... strawberry daquiries and pina colodas and put them in plastic hurricane glasses or plastic coconut cups.

I did an ice cream sundae bar last year and that was a big hit. I bought slotted trays and little plastic mini scoops from Dollar Tree and then filled them up with all kinds of junk: M&M's, mini cookies, nuts, mini marshmallows, cherries, gummy bears, reeses pieces, sprinkles, etc. and then I had a variety of toppings: chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, caramel, whip cream, etc. I scooped the ice cream in the bowls and then they got to go down the row and add their own toppings.

I always do "adult" type party things but switch them up to make them kid friendly. The kids like it, because it makes them "feel big" and also because those are the only types of parties I know how to throw. LOL
  • bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My word - You americans love your peanut butter - Reese's peanut butter cups have swum the pond and I love them too.

My kids always liked little cherry tomatoes with the insides scooped out and filled with cream cheese
  • peggy1952
    peggy1952 Posts: 46
    Options
    jello jigglers cut into fun shapes, mini muffins, mini pizzas (make from can biscuits, flatten and let them choose the toppings,
    mac and cheese squares