Is light beer bad for you?

Options
I love to drink beer but wonder if light beer is bad for you.

For example, MIller Lite is 90 cals with I believe, 3 carbs. I know not to drink to excess but someone I know claims the beer becomes fat. Should I worry about beer? Am I fine as long as I stay within my calorie goals?

Thanks!!

Replies

• spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Its not Beer that is bad for you its after you drink some and have a buzz and think whatever I can eat what I want!! At least that is my problem. I am getting better at having a few and not crazy munching after. CHEERS TO BEERS!!!!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Nothing is bad for you provided you don't consume a lot of it or have a medical issue with it.

I drink light beer. I'm not picky when it comes to beer so when I do drink beer I usually buy light as you get more beer for the calories.
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with having a beer once in awhile regardless if its light or not. Moderation is key and if it fits ur day enjoy.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Light beer is incredibly bad for your character so yes . . . yes it is bad for you.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Yes. It dissolves your will to live when you drink it.
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    what's up with USA#1 being all about bud light, diet coke and ranch dressing?

If you're going to take in beer calories at least make them worthwhile!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    sigh...
    ARE YOU FOR REAL???
    LETS DRINK!
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Light beer is bad for you because it tastes bad.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    light beer is horrible for you, because you are wasting time drinking crappy, horrible tasting beer.

typical light beer is what, 90 calories?? so if i go out, i can drink like 6 of them and not get drunk or full. thats 540 calories.

but if i go for a good full bodied craft beer, at about 160 calories per bottle, i can drink 3 of them in a fun night out. thats 480 calories of delicious beer.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Time to quit the light beer. Its nasty watered down garbage. Try some craft beer, as others stated.

I love to have one or two beers, I count them as 200 calories each and I never have a problem working that into my daily goals, or just going over 400 calories one day out of a month isn't going to do anything to me. :drinker:

and yes a 6 pack of light beer is going to just be disgusting.
  • shaggydaddy
    Options
    I do love "real" beer but the im trying to cut the calories. I love me some imports. The most recent was a beer from Tazmania. Sam Adams Light is actually really good for light beer fare, as well as Shiner Light.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    light beer is horrible for you, because you are wasting time drinking crappy, horrible tasting beer.

typical light beer is what, 90 calories?? so if i go out, i can drink like 6 of them and not get drunk or full. thats 540 calories.

but if i go for a good full bodied craft beer, at about 160 calories per bottle, i can drink 3 of them in a fun night out. thats 480 calories of delicious beer.

This.
  • mykes13
    mykes13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Back to Back World War Champs!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have a few damned good beers than bother with anything because it's a light version. Give me flavor with the calories.

ETA: Light beer does fill the "remorse" and "regret" macros though.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options

What's up with Canada being all about Maple syrup, hockey, and poutine? :laugh: (and yes, I know that poutine is only big in parts of Canada...)

Generalizations suck, huh? :laugh:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Back to Back World War Champs!

USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Light beer is bad for you. It shrinks your testicles. You become less of a man. Women ask you to hold their purse. And shop for tampons.

Just say no.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options

Hey! Ranch dressing is awesome! But I gotta say that yellow salad cream stuff they use in the UK is also bomg.

Bud light is so gross. People like it becuase it's the most fizzy of all the cheap ****ty beers.

I'm still confused about Diet Coke. The same way I am always surprised when people like meth.

That being said, I love beer. Good beer. But I do notice I have more trouble losing when I drink it.

Of course I'm not a 200lb dude either, my calorie allowance is a bit smaller than most.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just drink a couple Yuenglings because light beer just makes me want to drink more than a couple.
  • edencrannon
    edencrannon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    sigh...
    ARE YOU FOR REAL???
    LETS DRINK!

So funny!!! I'm now on my second beautiful Chablis!!! And lovin every sip!! Life's tooooo short xxx