Hypocrite I’m no better

Options
sad story as I listened to a close friend speak about her ex-husband battle with drugs and his addiction which brought him divorce and a prison sentence. I had to ask myself how could someone love a drug more then there kid…then it flashed before me..I’m no better only no criminal charges …… I haven’t lost everything and not wearing an orange jump suit ….spent my life loving food more than those I care about the most… I haven’t lost everything and not wearing an orange jump suit…my young kids shouldn’t grow up fatherless and I ask myself what do you love more…food and being unhealthy have occupied most of my life…its not my gene’s or unhealthy relationship with food…its plain and simple …decision I make ..a lot like my friends ex-husband…now I’m given a second chance and what he’s done to himself is permanent….I’m lucky and have to remind myself of that daily…second chances should be embraced and not taken for granted. Enjoy the weekend

Replies

• hselby87
    hselby87 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Love how true this is. Keep up the good work! Your kids will thank you for it when you are chasing them around and doing the things they want to do with you!
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Good perspective! You'll do well and have a long life loving your kids :)
  • NadiaSAKloof
    NadiaSAKloof Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You sound like someone ready to beat your food "habit". Good for you! You will do it. :)
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Nicely said. No orange jumpsuits for you because you're working on the issue. Congrats on your 18 lb loss. That's great progress!
  • lisacsmith16
    lisacsmith16 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This story makes you think... Thanks for posting!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Great attitude :smile:
  • bushokie
    bushokie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    thanks