What am I doing wrong?

Options
So i've been on MFP for 2 months now and lost 15 pounds so far, most of it was from the first 6 weeks. Nothing in the last two. I"m really not understanding why i'm not losing a good amount a week when I went from eating well over 3000 caloires to 1200 a day.
It's even more strange since I work at a clinic that does weight loss and I see people on a regualar basis that dont' exercise but eat about 1000-1200 calories a day losing 3-5 pounds weekly.
I can't do a stict diet, so I wanted to do this the slow but right way but eating proper meal and started exercsing. But the weight is not coming off and at my weight I should be losing faster then this.
IF anyone who has lost over 50 pounds can give me so tips and how they did this I would be so appreciative. I have had a few cheat days this past weeks as i'm not seeing results and I am affraid if I don't see them soon, that I will just give up as I have done in the past.

Any advice, suggestions and feedback would be so greatful.

Thanky you in advance.
:O)

Replies

• chelle2k
    chelle2k Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, it seems you skip breakfast quite a bit and are heavier on calories at dinner. Try the opposite--heavier on calories in the morning and lighter in the evening. Your body has all day to burn off morning calories, but calories you eat at night only have a couple hours typically to be burned off before bed.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My advice is to stick with it. I know how frustrating it can be. I agree about eating breakfast. Not eating breakfast was a bad old habit and eating it helps set me up for a good day. Feel free to take some ideas from my diary. I would add some walking in with the Jillian videos you do too as you have been doing. Good luck and don't give up :flowerforyou:

Oh and C25K really helped me too. Maybe check that out :happy:
  • zhannka77
    zhannka77 Posts: 27
    Options
    I never skip breakfast, I have a veggie juice with fruit and veggies and protein.. Trying to get all my micro nutrients in first thing. But yes, i love to eat at night.. I have to close the fridge after 7
  • zhannka77
    Options
    My advice is to stick with it. I know how frustrating it can be. I agree about eating breakfast. Not eating breakfast was a bad old habit and eating it helps set me up for a good day. Feel free to take some ideas from my diary. I would add some walking in with the Jillian videos you do too as you have been doing. Good luck and don't give up :flowerforyou:

Oh and C25K really helped me too. Maybe check that out :happy:

what's the c25k?
  • Gatus98
    Gatus98 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I kind of got stuck, too. I'm on my third week of C25K (couch to 5K) program. It's fantastic! Give it a shot. Just download a free app on your phone. I use Run Double.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    2 weeks with no loss is absolutely nothing. If you are in this for the long haul then what does 2 weeks matter? It took you a long time to become overweight I suspect, allocate the same amount of time to lose the weight. You may have to fiddle with your calorie intake as well. I tried 1200 daily for my first 4-6 weeks on here but couldn't sustain it, it was too hard. I read up a bit on the forums and used the roadmap to replan my intake.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, it seems you skip breakfast quite a bit and are heavier on calories at dinner. Try the opposite--heavier on calories in the morning and lighter in the evening. Your body has all day to burn off morning calories, but calories you eat at night only have a couple hours typically to be burned off before bed.

I do not believe this matters - I never eat breakfast and aways eat just before bed. My caloires increase with each meal (200, 250, 300, 800, then 400 (just before bed)). Your metabolism works while sleeping so you burn calories all day every day.

I think you are likely not eating enough food - eating below your BMR for an extended period of time will cause a loss of lean body mass which then lowers your metabolism causing stalls and eventually gains even at such a small amount of food. Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE?
  • AbbyPDX
    AbbyPDX Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough possibly, especially if you're getting exercise.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/943139-weight-loss-cheat-sheet-ipoarm
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

I do not believe this matters - I never eat breakfast and aways eat just before bed. My caloires increase with each meal (200, 250, 300, 800, then 400 (just before bed)). Your metabolism works while sleeping so you burn calories all day every day.

I think you are likely not eating enough food - eating below your BMR for an extended period of time will cause a loss of lean body mass which then lowers your metabolism causing stalls and eventually gains even at such a small amount of food. Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE?

Completely agree with this! I often don't eat until noon most days.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    How hard are you working out?
    What kind of job do you have and is it sedentary?
    Are you always hitting 1200 calories?
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    Are you exercising?
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I find it interesting and a little bit frightening that you work for a weight loss clinic and dont know you should be eating more than 1200 calories a day, or that you have clients eating 1000 calories a day.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You're not providing enough info and 2 weeks with no loss is not significant IMO

How tall are you?
    How much do you want to lose?
    What are your cals set at?
    Do you workout?

Open your food diary....

and C25K is couch to 5 km (running program to run your first 5km)
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I can't see your diary so I am answering blindly. Up your protein and fiber intake. Both keep you fuller longer, fiber will help digestion and protein takes longer to metabolize. Drink as much water as possible. FLOAT AWAY LOL! Decrease sodium intake and keep an eye on your carbs. Also, be sure you are eating as CLEAN as possible. Avoid all things processed. Change up your workouts. Try to NEVER follow the same routine or your body won't respond the same.

Lastly, don't be so hard on yourself. You have done great so far and you don't want to sabotage yourself :) If you are constantly worried about the scale-it will eat you alive, defeat you. It is really just a number.

You are being so dedicated-give yourself some credit! Let me know if you need anything, I will try to help the best that I can :)

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • zhannka77
    Options
    thank you all so much for all your kind words and encouragement. Its so wonderful to have support here and see so many of you doing so well.
  • HunkHunkOfLove
    Options
    thank you all so much for all your kind words and encouragement. Its so wonderful to have support here and see so many of you doing so well.
    Awards speech?