20 in 20: Week 4

Options
Name.............................. Start Weight ............................ Current Weight ......................... + / - LBS
Emmylou13...........................157.4...............................................154.2 ................................ -3.2 LBS
Dusty73085...........................168.7............................................166.4.................................... -2.3 LBS
NaokoHeart............................196.4............................................192.2....................................-4.2 LBS
Cnbethea................................162.6............................................163.8.................................... +1.2 LBS
Breathe_Glamour...................175.0............................................173........................................ - 2 LBS
00trayn...................................177.0.............................................173.4..................................... -3.6 LBS
kaymiller2.................................155.0............................................154.0...................................... -1 LBS
salvirez.....................................138.................................................134........................................- 4 LBS
stephlewis...............................204.2.............................................205.2.................................+ 1.0 LBS
whittrusty................................216.2...............................................212.4...................................-3.8 LBS
dk82.........................................184.8..............................................184.6................................... -0.2 LBS
sarahgallienne81.................223.0............................................223.0...........................................0 LBS
Curvykatie..............................145.6............................................145.6............................................0 LBS
wildfiery..................................195................................................195...............................................0 LBS
kalibsmom..............................187.................................................187............................................0 LBS
maggiecharles...........................193...........................................193...............................................0 LBS
Sweetheart6lk ........................ 221.2............................................. 221.2........................................0 LBS
Johnjely....................................185................................................185..............................................0 LBS

Replies

• whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    How did everyone do over the holiday weekend?

I'm down another 1.8 lbs and SO close to my mini-goal, which comes due on Thursday!

Well, I'm off to a Zumba class; I'm going to start my day off right!

Any ideas for this week's challenge?
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    Options
    Not too well,the weight is going up,I think I overexerted myself,and had very little sleep,
    and stress and everything rolled together,I lost inches off of my stubborn neck though,inches are keeping me sane,seriously!

Name.............................. Start Weight ............................ Current Weight ......................... + / - LBS
    Emmylou13...........................157.4...............................................154.2 ................................ -3.2 LBS
    Dusty73085...........................168.7............................................166.4.................................... -2.3 LBS
    NaokoHeart............................196.4............................................193.2....................................-3.2 LBS
    Cnbethea................................162.6............................................163.8.................................... +1.2 LBS
    Breathe_Glamour...................175.0............................................173........................................ - 2 LBS
    00trayn...................................177.0.............................................173.4..................................... -3.6 LBS
    kaymiller2.................................155.0............................................154.0...................................... -1 LBS
    salvirez.....................................138.................................................134........................................- 4 LBS
    stephlewis...............................204.2.............................................205.2.................................+ 1.0 LBS
    whittrusty................................216.2...............................................212.4...................................-3.8 LBS
    dk82.........................................184.8..............................................184.6................................... -0.2 LBS
    sarahgallienne81.................223.0............................................223.0...........................................0 LBS
    Curvykatie..............................145.6............................................145.6............................................0 LBS
    wildfiery..................................195................................................195...............................................0 LBS
    kalibsmom..............................187.................................................187............................................0 LBS
    maggiecharles...........................193...........................................193...............................................0 LBS
    Sweetheart6lk ........................ 221.2............................................. 221.2........................................0 LBS
    Johnjely....................................185................................................185..............................................0 LBS
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I did good this holiday season.....was way under my calorie goal due to the amount of exercise i did.....if i wouldve ate more to just eat calories, i wouldve been miserably stuff so i didnt eat all my calories but I did rather well.
  • dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hello, I did pretty good on Sunday, on Saturday I splitted up a bit, but over all not a bad weekend. My challenge for myself it to make sure I am drinking more water. My goal is 70oz./day. Some days I do really well with my water intake other days I am fighting to drink enough. Any suggestions on how to increase my water intake??

Only lost .2lbs but as long as the scale is going in the right direction I'm happy :smile:
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    What a great team work challenge and beautifully set up as well. Great to see everybodies' progress! great job!!:smile:
  • johnjely
    johnjely Posts: 99
    Options
    I spent this weekend up north, on Lake Wawasee, with my boyfriend and his family. There was a lot of beer, a lot of bread, and not enough swimming. So, while I was down to 181 on Friday, I have now only lost a net amount of 1.5. Not horrible for my first week, but this second week needs to see results! I'm still doing the 200situpschallenge and the C25k, so I expect to see some more!

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July and weekend!

NaokoHeart............................196.4............................................193.2....................................-3.2 LBS
    Johnjely....................................185................................................183.5 .........................................-1.5 LBS
  • whittrusty
    Options
    Ok. This week's challenge is a mental one! Think positive AT LEAST 95% of the week. :smile:

No "fat" comments
    No "shame on me" thoughts
    No "I'll never be able to do this" thoughts

Only positive thoughts! If you do have negative thoughts, step back from the situation and think about it logically...Did you REALLY gain 5 lbs overnight or was it just that you went over on your sodium??

Are you up to the challenge??
  • stephlewis
    stephlewis Posts: 59
    Options
    Ugh. I did 365 minutes of working out this week, feel great about that. BUT THE SCALE HASN'T MOVED! I mean I'm glad it hasn't gone up but I was really hoping for a little dip in the numbers...I worked hard, we went to the beach a lot and I was constantly moving-walking, jogging with my dog along the beach (sand is a great resistance), diving/jumping the waves in the ocean! I'm guessing I messed up by not always eating my 'extra' calories---but I cannot force myself to eat! I'm seriously not hungry all the time when I've worked out a lot =(

Johnjely....................................185................................................183.5 .........................................-1.5 LBS
  • whittrusty
    Options
    Alright ladies...I just ordered a dress for my best friend's wedding on August 14th...it's probably a little too small, but it doesn't come in a bigger size. So I'm kicking it into HIGH GEAR for the next 6 weeks!!

I WILL fit into that dress or die trying! :smile:
  • salvirez
    salvirez Posts: 25
    Options
    Hello ladies! I didn't do so great for 4th of July, how could I resist all the yummy food the neighbors brought to the block party?! BUT I'm happy to report that I lost the 2 lbs I gained last week and one more! Bringing me to -3 from the last check-in. I worked out consistently last week and made sure I kept up with the challenges, even carried over the previous challenges.

salvirez.....................................138.................................................131........................................- 7 LBS
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm back from my weekend away! I came back the same weight that I left, so that's a plus. And I'm thinking once I eat right, drink water, and workout today, it should go down a bit even. I didn't really indulge on the food too much (somewhat over on 4th of July but I ate as healthy as possible... plus cake and a s'more...) It's still 1.2 lbs less than last week's weigh in. I'm hoping this weekend I can have the same success, my bff from high school is visiting from tomorrow-sun. We'll be sightseeing and stuff in DC, so I just need to work on not eating too much :D

00trayn...................................177.0.............................................172.2..................................... -4.8 LBS
    salvirez.....................................138.................................................131........................................- 7 LBS
  • emmylou13
    emmylou13 Posts: 46
    Options
    00trayn...................................177.0.............................................172.2..................................... -4.8 LBS

Hey Ladies - I lost track of the days... haha... so no weigh-in this week for me... I did okay... i did a TON of exercise... but a few cookouts and general holiday fun probably balanced that out... my eliptical comes friday.... i am SUPER excited... so lots of exercise for me.... hope you guys are well... will check-in when I have time!
  • whittrusty
    Options
    I just got 2 BEAUTIFUL Calvin Klein dresses in the mail as my 2 options for my Maid of Honor dress...5 weeks and 3 days to look smokin' in one of those dresses!

P.S. I'm really loving the whole "pick out whatever dress you want as long as it's black" rule for choosing my bridesmaid's dress. No ugly bridesmaid dresses for me! :smile:
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    hey there, new to the group, so im a litle bit behind, but my current weight is 163.2 and my starting weight was 180 lbs 1 year ago, recently i havent been able to lose much, but i figure its a good start to join a group like you guys!
  • whittrusty
    Options
    hey there, new to the group, so im a litle bit behind, but my current weight is 163.2 and my starting weight was 180 lbs 1 year ago, recently i havent been able to lose much, but i figure its a good start to join a group like you guys!

Welcome! I went ahead and added you to our running list!

Emmylou13...........................157.4............................................154.2.................................. -3.2 LBS
    Dusty73085...........................168.7............................................166.4.................................. -2.3 LBS
    NaokoHeart...........................196.4............................................193.2...................................-3.2 LBS
    Cnbethea...............................162.6............................................163.8................................. +1.2 LBS
    Breathe_Glamour.................175.0...........................................173.0..................................... - 2 LBS
    00trayn....................................177.0............................................172.2.................................. -4.8 LBS
    kaymiller2...............................155.0............................................154.0..................................... -1 LBS
    salvirez....................................138.0............................................131.0.....................................- 7 LBS
    stephlewis..............................204.2............................................205.2.................................+ 1.0 LBS
    whittrusty.................................216.2............................................212.4...................................-3.8 LBS
    dk82.........................................184.8............................................184.6.................................. -0.2 LBS
    sarahgallienne81..................223.0............................................223.0.......................................0 LBS
    Curvykatie................................145.6............................................145.6........................................0 LBS
    wildfiery....................................195.0............................................195.0........................................0 LBS
    kalibsmom..............................187.0............................................ 187.0........................................0 LBS
    maggiecharles........................193.0............................................193.0........................................0 LBS
    Sweetheart6lk ........................ 221.2........................................... 221.2.......................................0 LBS
    Johnjely....................................185.0.............................................183.5 ..................................-1.5 LBS
    mxburke....................................163.2............................................163.2........................................0 LBS
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i am very excited my day started off really well! went to the gym and did 1 hour of cardio and managed to burn 512 calories! and now im eating a taco salad, minus the tacos because too many carbs....but all the other yummy ingredients!
  • emmylou13
    emmylou13 Posts: 46
    Options
    Good morning ladies. So after a great day - last night was a total bust... In the extreme heat we are having I have no desire to cook or workout... ugh. And my poor puppy got heat stroke - so no more running for him... even at night .... so I am down my running partner and it is not going to cool down anytime soon... but my eliptical arrives Friday and I am going to set it up in the basement where it is cool - the pups are just going to have to share their play area with me... haha... today is a new day... and I am going to stay on track!
  • johnjely
    johnjely Posts: 99
    Options
    This week's challenge is really difficult for me! My mental self beats itself up SO often. Uuugh! I'm trying, though, really hard!
  • khursh8
    khursh8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a group, and this one seems pretty perfect, right down to the challenges. I'm 20 and I've gained 20 lbs over the last 2 years (darn that freshman 15) and I would like to lose it in this next year. I feel pretty good about my habits, except on the weekends, so a Monday weigh in will hopefully keep me accountable. My starting weight is 140.2. Thanks!

Emmylou13...........................157.4............................................154.2.................................. -3.2 LBS
    Dusty73085...........................168.7............................................166.4.................................. -2.3 LBS
    NaokoHeart...........................196.4............................................193.2...................................-3.2 LBS
    Cnbethea...............................162.6............................................163.8................................. +1.2 LBS
    Breathe_Glamour.................175.0...........................................173.0..................................... - 2 LBS
    00trayn....................................177.0............................................172.2.................................. -4.8 LBS
    kaymiller2...............................155.0............................................154.0..................................... -1 LBS
    salvirez....................................138.0............................................131.0.....................................- 7 LBS
    stephlewis..............................204.2............................................205.2.................................+ 1.0 LBS
    whittrusty.................................216.2............................................212.4...................................-3.8 LBS
    dk82.........................................184.8............................................184.6.................................. -0.2 LBS
    sarahgallienne81..................223.0............................................223.0.......................................0 LBS
    Curvykatie................................145.6............................................145.6........................................0 LBS
    wildfiery....................................195.0............................................195.0........................................0 LBS
    kalibsmom..............................187.0............................................ 187.0........................................0 LBS
    maggiecharles........................193.0............................................193.0........................................0 LBS
    Sweetheart6lk ........................ 221.2........................................... 221.2.......................................0 LBS
    Johnjely....................................185.0.............................................183.5 ..................................-1.5 LBS
    mxburke....................................163.2............................................163.2........................................0 LBS
    khursh8.....................................140.2............................................140.2........................................0 LBS
  • whittrusty
    Options
    This week's challenge is really difficult for me! My mental self beats itself up SO often. Uuugh! I'm trying, though, really hard!

Don't let your mind beat you up!! Just take it one day at a time. Whatever happened today won't matter tomorrow. You can do it! :smile: