NSV-Donuts

Options
Jewelsfla
Jewelsfla Posts: 41 Member
This morning a coworker brought a big box of donuts in...we aren't just talking your run-of-the-mill donuts. These were all sorts of crazy gourmet donuts!

My NSV is that I did NOT eat a donut, and didn't even really have the urge to eat one! That's the real victory-being nonchalant about donuts.

Let's hope this willpower lasts through the weekend :)

Replies

• mwyle
    mwyle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well done.

That's one thing I know I need to keep control of. Eating food just because it's there. When I used to work in an office people would bring in cakes for their birthday for everyone and I'd quite happily have 3 or 4. I know that doing that won't help me achieve my weight goals.

But I also know that the odd cake won't defeat me. But for me it's a slippery slope. 1 leads to 1 more leads to more.....

So my tactic is not to have any. It's working so far
  • lilkidtchr
    lilkidtchr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    High fives all around! I skipped a yummy looking gooey donut today too. It was hard but I did it! YAY!
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    WOOHOO! That IS awesome!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Good show!!
  • mylittletribe
    Options
    We had an all out birthday party with pizza and cake yesterday. I kept to my packed lunch, and the salad that my boss made sure to order for me :)

Good job! It does get at little easier to resist that stuff... it does for me anyway.
  • MistressAella
    MistressAella Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    ......................*slurp* sorry.. you lost me at donut.... what?

srsly, good job though!!! :D
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! All those things will help you be successful!!
  • ladylass89
    Options
    Self control for the win! Well done, that's awesome :)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Met my daughter at Dunkin Donuts today and watched my grandbaby eat one and my daughter had a breakfast sandwich and I was never tempted to eat as I already had breakfast and it was too early for lunch. Normally I could down 2 or 3 donuts in one sitting :}
  • Jewelsfla
    Jewelsfla Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yay for everyone! What a great day.
  • sparkle814
    sparkle814 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good job! I've had similar non-scale victories lately. I'm in a grad program with a small number of people (21 of us in the whole class year) and several of the other girls bring in baked goods all the time. There and anyplace else, I used to chow down without a second thought. Sure, I'll have a piece of cake and a couple cookies. And Liz made fudge? Where is she??

Haha! Now I've got that **** on lock down. Someone brought in chocolate chip cookies the other day and I just said no thanks while literally every single other person had one. :) I always text my husband when I pass up goodies - and he is so proud of me for it! lol! I'm so proud of myself! It's the little things that are really the big things. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!