too much science to this i need some tricks

Options
okay now that i actually started to pay attention to my carb intake since my stomach wasn't flattening like when i first started (unintentional low carb diet) i decided that i needed to cut down (it was really high). problem now i needed to substitute in other forms of calories.

tried veggies - not enough calories even though i eat alot of them
fruit - too many servings means alot of sugar (dont want a diabetic scare)
meat - seems logical but in the end its alot of salt and fat. i like fish but variety is nice

already tried peanut butter and nuts (love them) and i don't like jello (yuck) i'd rather not have sweets kinda pointless

what the heck am i supposed to do then. i don't want to cut back on my cardio/resistance since im trying to raise my endurance and tone but all the info im getting is making my head spin. i still have 15 - 25 pounds to lose and i want to do it efficiently

Replies

• Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    The best bet is balance. Don't cut out carbs completely--you need them! But make them good carbs (whole wheat pasta and bread, grains like oatmeal and quinuoa). Also, chicken, pork, fish, and beans are good protein sources, and if you cook them yourself you can limit the amount of salt and stuff.

Also, wouldn't worry too much about the sugar in fruit if you are not diabetic. If you are eating fresh, whole fruit (NOT dried, canned) it is natural sugar.

Also, avocado, nuts, peanut butter have alot of calories and are good for you, so if you are under your goal, try adding a bit here and there.
  • rero
    rero Posts: 24
    Options
    i dont want to completely cut carbs thats just silly and i already only eat whole grains and oatmeal - nothing white, i was just having too much.

and i'm trying to keep my sodium under 2500 at all times preferably under 2000. so even if i cook myself anything else packaged still adds up fast

i suppose ill up the fruit but im already eating 20 almonds and 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter. grrr this is frustrating
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    You can try to peruse through some other folks' food diaries for ideas; just post a thread asking if anyone has a public one. That way you can get some ideas for things to eat and food combinations.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Mine's public! I try my best to eat very well...
  • rero
    rero Posts: 24
    Options
    thanks ill do that. im also not going to take the calorie thing too seriously since im estimating portions so i might be eating more calories than logged and just freaking out for no reason :smile: