Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Runners...What do you do with your stuff???

Tbias78
Tbias78 Posts: 120 Member
I am registered for my first 5k, I will be by myself and I don't have that "fancy" athletic wear that has hidden pockets lol So what do you do with things like money, id, keys, etc... Do u have a fanny pack? small backpack?

Replies

• akadrea
    akadrea Posts: 85 Member
    I'm running my first 10k tomorrow - but it's such a big one, they have a bag check!!!

I've seen running belts - which are essentially really small fanny packs ;-)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    I run by myself a lot. When I do I bring my ID, but hide it in a hidden compartment in my vehicle, along with any money I bring (which is no more than $10 plus what I need to pay for parking if I need it.). My truck key I either carry in my hand or tie to the strings of my running shorts. Everything else I leave at home.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Do you have to bring all that stuff with you?
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Leave everything in your car except the door key. You can tie that to your shoelaces and tuck it in the top laces so it doesn't flop around.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    I hate belts, but you can also buy shoe pockets, wrist pouches, hats with zippered compartments, or good ol' fashioned bike jerseys with back pockets. I have some of each of those!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Leave your crap in the car. Just bring your car key (not the whole warden's set of keys) and tie it (very securely) to your shoelaces.
  • niftyfoodie
    niftyfoodie Posts: 12 Member
    I have & love my running pack (sort of like a fanny pack but super small and stretchy). I found it at TJMaxx for $10.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Usually I don't need to stow stuff, with the exception of the clicker for my car, which goes in the secret pocket of my running shorts. If I'm running off and on base and need my ID, I put that with my phone in the armband. Other than that, get your packet and put in in your car along with your other crap :)
  • Tbias78
    Thanks Everyone!!!
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Lock everything in my car, bring only the key with me. I actually destroyed the electronic key fob thingy with the switchblade-style key so I didn't have to deal with the bulk of the thing. Of course, keying the door open without the fob nearby sets off the alarm, but usually I remember not to turn that on.

If you're any kind of runner, though, it's worth buying proper attire... I usually run in shorts that have pockets to accommodate my keys and a credit card and/or IDs.
  • Tbias78
    Thank you Camrunner... I am just starting out, this is not a timed race, my goal is just to cross the finish line at this point, As I progress I'll try to acquire some good running pieces :)
  • Eatkansasbeef
    Eatkansasbeef Posts: 71 Member
    I put key and a few other choice items in a snack bag and place it in my bra. Actually, I've been known to have everything but the kitchen sink in my sports bra (which, if you don't have one, stop what you're doing and go this minute and get one)!!

Enjoy the run! You'll do great :)
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    I have either an arm band for my phone or I carry it and then tie my car key in my shoelaces on my shoes.