over sugar content every day...too low?

Options
I have one banana and I am nearly at my sugar content. 22 seems so low... has everyone changed their settings or do you stay within that range. Thanks.

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I just removed sugar from what I track. I'm over the amount set by MFP by breakfast/lunch depending on when I eat my first meal. No need to watch your sugar unless you have a medical reason to do so.
  • jmpalmer55
    Options
    I have the same problem. I've had a cliff bar, no fat yogurt, and a banana, and I'm already over my sugar goal for the day.
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I just removed sugar from what I track. I'm over the amount set by MFP by breakfast/lunch depending on when I eat my first meal. No need to watch your sugar unless you have a medical reason to do so.

^This
  • sgtlee13
    sgtlee13 Posts: 66
    Options
    i usually juice fruit for breakfast every day so I'm well over my limit according to what they say. There's conflicting sides on what's ok. i don't worry about mine since it's naturally occurring sugars in fruit. processed simple sugars, I would be concerned but otherwise, not so much.
    Go with how you feel, if you're feeling sluggish or having "highs" and "lows", you may be getting too much but otherwise, go bananas..yeah, i know that was cheesy :))
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I have my settings set for even less sugar. It's up to you and what works for you is all that matters. Me, I cannot eat a whole banana in one day or I will get uncontrollably hungry and start craving even more sugar. You can change your own macros, but eating less sugar does benefit many people who have weight to lose or other health concerns.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I am a diabetic and I have removed mine. I count carbohydrate and try to keep my carbs in a consistent range for each meal and snack.
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have my settings set for even less sugar. It's up to you and what works for you is all that matters. Me, I cannot eat a whole banana in one day or I will get uncontrollably hungry and start craving even more sugar. You can change your own macros, but eating less sugar does benefit many people who have weight to lose or other health concerns.

Thats quite interesting actually. Yesterday I had a banana first thing when I woke up, and I was craving chocolate all day! Maybe that's the reason!

I love tracking my food - it really helps me get to grips with what is actually affecting me in terms of what I'm eating and when!
  • idaholawchick
    idaholawchick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I only use it to track added sugar, so when I look at the number, I subtract out any natural sugar such as fruits and vegetables.