Is anyone else hungry at work but okay on weekends?

Options
I don't know what it is, but I always feel so hungry at work. I'm a teacher and stuck in a classroom for 7 1/2 hours per day. I rarely sit behind my desk, but I definitely don't get to move around as much as I would like. On the weekends when I am out and about I don't feel as hungry. Anyone else have this problem? What do you do to keep from over-snacking?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. Complete opposite.
  • ahiddenlink
    ahiddenlink Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I think, in my case at least, is that my work isn't particularly stressful so I don't need to be super focused in on doing it so I can be bored enough to want to eat. On the weekends I stay reasonably busy that I tend to notice I'm hungry only when I'm rather hungry.
  • soccermom1013
    soccermom1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I sit at a desk all day. I am always hungry. Boredom maybe? Even though I am busy. I don't keep cash on me as to help avoid the vending machines. I tend to bring food to work for the week. Thats when I eat the most. I've had to change that and not keep extra in my desk or the fridge.
    On the weekends I'm fine. Sometimes I even skip meals without realizing.
  • magmary7
    magmary7 Posts: 3
    Options
    That is exactly my situation as well. I am okay on the week-end but starving at work. I chew gum.
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yup, I am most definitely the same. It is quite irritating!
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I was discussing this with someone the other day, I am the exact same! I could go all day on the weekend and not eat and be fine (i don't do this though). On the other hand, at work, I bring breakfast, morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack. And i attribute that to being bored. That's the only thing I can think of !
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite. No desire to eat all week then loose it on the weekends. Working on how to control this.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I think it is because I am sitting at a desk all day, and get bored. On weekends, when I am home I tend to be really active and eat way less than I do during the week. I am busy and I just dont think about eating until I am actually hungry.
  • mindyblujay79
    mindyblujay79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No I am the opposite. I do so good during the week on eating and exercising but seem to blow it on the weekends. Any suggestions?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. A lot of times I am just bored (not busy and/or work is not challenging enough). I chew a lot of gum and drink a lot of water. I go and chat with people to distract but if you are a teacher you probably can't do that.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, except I don't work. But if I"m just sitting around the house not doing anything, I want to eat. Totally a boredom thing for me. When I'm busy running around, I'm fine. I just have to remind myself that I"m not *hungry*, I'm bored.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I can't really snack at work, and yes, I do get hungry! But I also get hungry at weekends - drat!
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry at work. Working around icecream/deli food/all kinds of yummies doesn't help at all. I'm there for 10 hours, so I bring my lunch, snacks, and din din. Otherwise, I'd get carried away for sure.
  • kimberly728
    kimberly728 Posts: 124
    Options
    i sit at a desk all day, and it doesnt matter how busy i am, i am always hungry here... i think its the environment- there is always food smells since everyone eats at different times. doesnt help that there is a restaurant in our building either. but mostly i think its boredom hunger.
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    If I am stuck at my desk then I tend to snack alot...If i get put in the warehouse to load the beer trucks I forget to eat. I take just enough food and plan what time I can eat so I don't overeat.
  • xandralaw
    xandralaw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Same for me - I think it is boredom and procrastination. On the weekends I have to remind myself to eat.
  • jigglyjessica
    jigglyjessica Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I'm the opposite. Complete opposite.

• kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. If I can keep myself really busy, I don't get hungry. But if I'm sitting at work and have any downtime, all I can think about is food -.-
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    No I'm hungry on weekdays about 3pm. Every day like clockwork. On weekends I feel like I could barely eat and be OK. Until about noon of course.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same. My job is boring and I sit at a desk all day, so I tend to snack constantly. On the weekends, I'm doing things that interest me, so it doesn't even occur to me to eat until I'm really hungry.