Weight loss stopped!!

Options
Six weeks ago I decided it was time to make a lot of changes. I completely changes the way I was eating(some days over 3500 calories) and got active. In the past year I gained 60 lbs and my goal is to lose a total of 110 lbs. Which I know is going to take a lot of work. Well at first I was losing quickly. In the first 4 weeks I lost 16 lbs and then it started to go up and fown, and noe for the past two weeks nothing has changed. I log everything I eat an my activity. My calorie intake is 1560 and most days Im under that. I walk every other day and try to challenge myself with large hills. Im just wondering if Im doing something wrong?! Or if theres changes I need to makr. I also quit drinking soda and drink water like a camel. lol!! Im just getting really frustrated and feel like Im doing it all for nothibg. I need advice!! Please help!! Thanks in advance.
Oh I also want to add, I read that I could be building muscle anf losing inches and its not showing on the scale. But when I started I never thought about measuring myself. Should I be doing that?

Replies

• weesinglane
    Options
    As long as you are truly in calorie deficit, you should be doing fine. Scales can be funky - measuring inches is helpful, but I personally find it a nuisance lol. Maybe try to up your activity level a bit - try a little jogging here and there, or walk a little longer than you have been.
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    1560 might be too low of a calorie goal. Have you determined what your BMR and TDEE is? If you haven't check out Scooby's website, he has a great calculator.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

I too started with just over 100 lbs to lose. I started out at the insanely low 1200 that MFP tells you. I did that for a while and was losing 2 lbs a week if not more. Then it stopped. I researched about BMR and TDEE and found that 1200 was too low. I increased my goal to 1700 and started to lose again.

I also stopped weighting myself more than once a month. I found that my weight fluctuates quite a bit week to week. Also, instead of using a normal body weight scale, I use a body composition scale at my gym. Instead of being focused on body weight, I focus on Body Fat %.
  • 325chas
    325chas Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks!! Ill check that out right now. Because some days I feel like Im starving
  • mccroskey
    mccroskey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks zyheemoongazer for posting the link. I entered in my information and MFP has had me set at 1200 calorie intake but accroding to the link http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/ , i really should be consuming more around 1300-1350. I have been continuing to lose weight but i will definitley keep this in mind! :happy:

Thanks!!!
  • LauraW1219
    LauraW1219 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I had to watch Carbs and Sodium with mine. I'm addicted to the scale, measure myself, and have done all of that. I work out from 2-3 hours a day depending if it's a circuit and cardio day or a ab and strength training day. You will find what works best for you. Make sure you get 7 hours of sleep that was another biggie for me. I upped my rep weight so I gained 1.4 pounds this week. It will break your spirit so don't lose focus. We all have those days, but tomorrow is always a fresh start. I hope you find you're groove.
  • 325chas
    325chas Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow it said my calorie intake should be 2040. Which is almost 500 more than I been eating. Thanks so much Im def. gna try this to see if it works!!:) Also Ive never paid too much attention carbs and sodium but I will from now on