Green tea - who drinks it?

Options
2»

Replies

• stargazer008
    Options
    You can buy flavoured green teas. Check out Adiago's Tea, David's Tea, Teavana, etc. Even the tea section in grocery stores has flavoured green teas from Tetley and Lipton.
  • barebon
    barebon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I used to dislike it, but the more I move away from other sweets the better it gets. Just like beer and wine it's an aquired taste but with all the benefits that green tea and any other tea for that matter had it is well worth the adjustment. And coffee isn't terrible for you it's all the excess stuff that goes into it that is bad. I just don't like black coffee plain.
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    its the only tea i can drink now...only twinings varieties tho-pineapple and grapefruit..orange and lotus flower...they are lovely! i drink 1 when get up and 2 more during the day...1 before bed!:happy:
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I also loathe standard tea.

Green tea with jasmine is the only green tea that I've taken to. I think it's Twinnings. And like many others have said, it's a good idea to make it weak to start with, especially if you're not keen on tea tannins - the bitter / drying element.
  • AnJulNZ
    AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input :) I still *need* a coffee first thing in the morning, but I've stopped having more during the day - only because I have 2 sugars in my coffee and milk, and I'd rather drink no coffee at all than have it black and unsweetened lol.

With winter fast approaching I like to have hot drinks!!
  • fxgs
    fxgs Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love green tea...............drink 4 to 5 cups daily. Drink it straight and also green tea blends of green tea, ginger and licorice or green tea and pomegranate
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Green tea is a bit more...vegetal in taste. Like someone else mentioned, I'd try white tea. Pretty subtle, but more flavor neutral I think.
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love green tea. I gave up coffee too & smoking 7mths ago & had to find something. Since being up here on MFP I drink green tea :smile: it took couple days till I got use to it, it was bitter when first tryed it. Theres other flavours too I havent tryed yet but have heard are nice. Have a nice day :smile: x