frustration

Options
Ok so Im not going to say how it is making me upset but............I have done so good with my food for over amonth and now with time off and work picnic somehow the scale is not making me happy....I know today I overdid it...but have normally been ok. It just felt good to eat something refreshing and sweet but I went overboard!!

HELP give some pep talks please... I will start fresh tomorrow and feel better about it too.

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    One day does not ruin your progress. Just focus and start fresh tomorrow! It's a new day! :flowerforyou:
  • worldtravelgirl98
    Options
    Sometimes you just need a day "off" to indulge. Even Bob (?) the trainer from Biggest Loser said he treats himself about 1 time a week. Don't feel guilty for 1 day. Just let yourself enjoy it and start fresh tomorrow!
  • amyday1
    amyday1 Posts: 35
    Options
    Just keep going.... One day doesnt change anything.. Its lifestyles that make good and bad changes...
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    One day will not derail you...unless you let it. Just go forward making the choices you know are right. One thing that I have found helps me is not to cut out those treats, but to limit them, and limit the amount of them. If I know I can have a _____ anytime I have room for it in my calories, then I am less likely to feel like I have to eat the WHOLE thing when I do have it. My husband and I regularly split a dessert when we are out at dinner (about once a week). I feel good knowing I can eat half (or a third, or whatever) and I don't have to eat it all, because I can have it again next week. I also have stopped feeling guilty for getting something, eating 2 or 3 bites of it (because it's so good) and throwing the rest away, because all I really need is a taste. Don't know if that will help you, but it's a thought.
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    i over did this weekend majorly. went camping for 3 day and had all the goodies- hamburgers smores reg coke ect. was scared to get on the scale when i got back. did it jump up a lil? yes but after 3 days of eating right and drinkin my water it was back down lower than before. it just kinda shocked my sytem i think - wasnt used to those things anymore! but i allowed myself those things w/out feeling guilty. so enjoy everything in moderation. if i can rebound back from my trip i know youll b great!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    It takes 3500 cal of eating to gain a pound of fat. If you have been doing well and over-indulged one day, it is most likely water weight from eating sodium (salt)... I highly doubt that you ate 4000 extra calories (assuming 500 cal deficit which would make you maintain plus 3500 to gain a pound). Drink extra water for a few days and most of it will flush out. Let us know what happens.

And have you considered TOM issues? I often gain 3 pounds the week of TOM due to water retention:grumble:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy it and move on. There is no reason to deprive yourself of all pleasure. That will just make you unhappy and less likely to stick to your routine in the long run.