Better 'N Peanut Butter

Options
2»

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Never tried it... but I recently switched to PB2 and I love it. It's really easy to mix to a good consistency for spreading, also great in smoothies!
  • s_who
    s_who Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I too love PB2!
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes, I ended up letting my kids make birdfeeders with it, barf

Really? Nothing like the real thing??

It's pretty terrible. tastes super chemical-ly.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    It is seriously HORRIBLE! One spponful and i was turned off to it forever.

Why am I not surprised?
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I find it is ok - tastes 75% like peanut butter for 40% of the calories, and that's good for me. :) I do like PB2 better. Plus you can get it in chocolate flavor, and the powder is SUPER convenient. I keep a bag at work for when I need a snack - on an apple, banana, bread, or just plain. Plus, you can order it on amazon.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it but I'm sure it's fairly tasty. The only significant difference I see is the fat content. They use defatted peanut flour to drop the fat content a bit. Keep in mind that fat is not the enemy of dieters and in fact you require the typical omega 3,6 & 9 to be a healthy, happy complete, balanced, go-lucky person. My question would be; unless you're planning on eating quite a bit of peanut butter on a day to day basis and are hoping to drop total calories despite this, why not just eat the typical no sugar added natural peanut butter?

It seems that you're focused on a mere pixel rather than the larger picture.

Some of us do eat a large quantity of peanut butter on a daily basis - don't judge!
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It's still 100 calories for 2 TBSP! Not sure if I would risk it if it tastes as bad as folks are replying!!!
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I would stop searching. Nothing is better than peanut butter.
    Agreed!
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I actually don't think it tastes bad, but it doesn't really qualify as a substitute for peanut butter. It tastes more like candy. Not worth the cost IMO.
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Try NuttZo. Best stuuf ever. Especially NuttZo without peanuts. 7 different nuts and flaxseed.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Ingredients: PEANUTS (AS DEFATTED PEANUT FLOUR AND NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER), TAPIOCA SYRUP, PURE WATER, DEHYDRATED CANE JUICE, RICE SYRUP, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, SOY FLOUR, SALT, TAPIOCA STARCH, NATURAL FOOD FLAVORS, PAPRIKA & ANNATO, CALCIUM CARBONATE, LECITHIN, VITAMINS E & C (ANTIOXIDANTS).

with alllll that crap and it's STILL 100cals for 2 Tbsp.
    hmmmmmm, no thanks
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    lol, I didn't realize that people were still posting on this thread! I am still using regular peanut butter and haven't made any switch. I actually haven't been craving it as often. Thanks everyone for your opinions!
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Almond butter is also yummy if you want something different, it's roughly the same calorie wise but I like the almond flavor.