Is light beer bad for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Beer in moderation is fine, especially if you don't over-eat because your inhibitions have been lowered. I like Amstel Light.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I do love "real" beer but the im trying to cut the calories. I love me some imports. The most recent was a beer from Tazmania. Sam Adams Light is actually really good for light beer fare, as well as Shiner Light.

check out ratebeer.com they usually have the calories for beers listed.
    some sites you can get the carbs as well like fatsecret.com I think.

Light beers tend to make me more bloated than regular beers, so even though I'll drink a beer that has more than 200cals in it, I feel better and dont' end up burping at my boyfriend all night long. ;)
  • simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    When I am craving one rather than reaching for a 150 calorie Budweiser I reach for the 67 calorie Molson Canadian
  • SCarolinaNiki
    SCarolinaNiki Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just drink a couple Yuenglings because light beer just makes me want to drink more than a couple.
    I actually like Yuengling Light
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I love to drink beer but wonder if light beer is bad for you.

For example, MIller Lite is 90 cals with I believe, 3 carbs. I know not to drink to excess but someone I know claims the beer becomes fat. Should I worry about beer? Am I fine as long as I stay within my calorie goals?

Thanks!!

the only food/drink bad for you is the one you enjoy to excess.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I drink beer almost every day. My tastes lean toward IPAs and stouts. I don't know if ANY kind of beer is bad for us...unless we drink too much. There are reports that beer in moderation has some benefits for heart health.

I've been meeting my weightloss goals for over three months now....even with beer consumption. I simply account for the calories.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    http://simplybeer.com/how-many-calories-are-in-my-beer/?wpmp_switcher=desktop

there ya go. Pretty close setup for calorie content in beer...
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Yes. It dissolves your will to live when you drink it.

Bingo.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It depends on what else you are eating, your overall health and whether you get mean when you drink.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I love Sam Adams light. All other light beer is bad for me because it tastes like crap ;)
  • believecb
    Options
    You're going to drink beer for the rest of your life most likely... Don't be worrying...You have to LIVE!!!!
  • jjuullzz
    jjuullzz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love beer! But, since I have diabetes, not all beer loves me. I usually drink Miller Lite. 96 calories/3.2 carbs. For the carbs, I can have 5 beers or a sandwich. Um...I'll take the beers! And sometimes, when I'm on the treadmill or elliptical, I'm watching the calories burned, and figuring out how many beers I can have later. Bottoms up! :happy:

See profile pic!
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Life is too short for crappy beer. Just save a few calories in your diet and drink in moderation. :drinker: