Fads/fashions when you were in high school

Options

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    ufo pants, lots of chains on the pants (attached to a wallet lol), converse, studded belts
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Being bisexual.
    And belly tops with combat trousers with platforms... Me i went for the goth look.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    It was the 80s and just about anything was acceptable. I dressed like Madonna with a Cyndi Lauper hairstyle. But surfer shirts, izod shirts, bermuda shorts and of course the mod look was the in thing.
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Acid wash jeans that were so tight, the only way to put them on in the morning was to lie on the bed and use a coat hanger to zip them up.

Corkscrew perms with HIGH bangs for the girls. Mullets for the guys. Business in the front, party in the back.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Worn, patched skin-tight denim jeans, peasant blouses, platform shoes, long straight or 'froed out curly hair. Embroidered Indian shoulder bags...

Oh yeah... Embroidered Indian shoulder bags... :smile:
    My sister is seven years older than me, so she had all the 70s stuff going on...
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Combat boots, cutoffs and flannel.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Acid wash jeans that were so tight, the only way to put them on in the morning was to lie on the bed and use a coat hanger to zip them up.

Corkscrew perms with HIGH bangs for the girls. Mullets for the guys. Business in the front, party in the back.

:laugh:
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Healthy_fresh_start Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Think im going through my first mid life crisis as today i had a go on some old bauer turbo quad rollerskates for the first time in over a decade!!
    might have just been my area but everyone HAD to have these!!
    to be honest i just loved being able to mess around with my kids in the sun :D
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Think im going through my first mid life crisis as today i had a go on some old bauer turbo quad rollerskates for the first time in over a decade!!
    might have just been my area but everyone HAD to have these!!
    to be honest i just loved being able to mess around with my kids in the sun :D

Fun!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Warning: Pic-heavy post ~ The best way to pictographically share how it was for me throughout my teens ~ High School phase

158a4v6.jpg

1tk1ow.jpg

2u6jyuh.jpg

211qj2g.jpg
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Um... wow! :smile:
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I graduated in '05... I didn't really keep up with the trends too much, but from what I can remember, it was being super tan, low-rise ripped jeans (either flare or bootcut - skinny jeans weren't popular yet), denim skirts, polo shirts (the age of the popped collar), american eagle/aeropostale/hollister/abercrombie, hoodies, flip flops... I really had to stretch to think about it though - I don't really remember paying attention to what I wore!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I graduated in '05... I didn't really keep up with the trends too much, but from what I can remember, it was being super tan, low-rise ripped jeans (either flare or bootcut - skinny jeans weren't popular yet), denim skirts, polo shirts (the age of the popped collar), american eagle/aeropostale/hollister/abercrombie, hoodies, flip flops... I really had to stretch to think about it though - I don't really remember paying attention to what I wore!

I have kind of a weird/funny Hollister comment.
    Being, ahem, "older" I'm not always so hip to the trends of the younger generation.
    When I started seeing all these Hollister shirts I thought it rather odd.
    You see I'm a nurse, and Hollister is the brand name for ostomy supplies (colostomy, urostomy etc.)
    And I was wondering why all these kids wanted to wear Hollister shirts... :laugh:
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I went to a private school so blue/green plaid skirt with a white button down shirt.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Super high ponytails. LOL!!
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Izods, 501s, Sperry Topsiders, and Raybans for the girls and guys.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    sequin_bag_gold1.JPG

guacho2.jpg

Graduated 2006.
  • jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Oh god, the hair! The hair!

06.jpg

No, that is not me, but I wasn't any better. Horrid!

Hey, at least people could see where they were going with that hair.

Scene_Boy_Hair.jpg
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Dressed like Alicia Silverstone in Clueless.

Yes, I was thinking this exactly. But we all wanted Rachel from friends hair!
    And I remember one year we were all wearing satin. Blouses, baby doll dresses, ankle-skimming skirts. Everything in satin. Fine when you're 15 I suppose :)
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Bell bottom jeans and tie dyed shirts!

Yes!!
    Pictures!