Restaurants near Melbourne or Cocoa beaches?

Options
aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
Of course while I'm on vacation, I want to do my best because I've worked so hard to lose what I've lost and I'm hoping by the time we leave (July 30th), I'll be exactly half done... 3 more pounds, baby, I can do it! So, for you Florida residents, where are some good places near these beaches (we're renting a car so we can drive) that will have healthy options for me and not-as-healthy options for my boy (who loooves his junk food)? I don't want to have to exist on bar food the whole weekend. I plan on either booking a hotel with breakfast or bringing my own and I'll be bringing fruit and nuts for snacks so my only concern is lunch and dinner.

Replies

• Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    You're going to hate me because the only place I know near Melbourne is a pizza place but it's some of the best pizza I've ever had. It's one of those joints that make all of the weird ingredient pizzas. Called The Pizza Gallery.

Have been to Cocoa so many times but I don't remember ever going out to eat there. Sorry!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    No, that sounds awesome! We love pizza. :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I love that area! My DD is there now. As far as food-Arielle you can eat anywhere! Just have grilled fish/chicken with steamed veggies and or salad..............ask them for NO salt-tell the cook to throw some other herbs on there.

Most mom and pop places will make egg white omelets.......or ask for NO GREASE they usually know what that means..........or ask if they have pam or spray for the eggs............I lost 2 pounds in my vacation in Daytona!!

You will be surprised how much exercise you will get walking on the beach and playing in the water.

have fun!!:flowerforyou: :glasses: :flowerforyou:
  • Mirlyn
    Options
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/pizza-gallery-and-grill-melbourne

There's the address if you feel the hankering for pizza :). I was in heaven when I had their teriyaki chicken pizza. Looks like they've expanded since the last time I've been there, looks more upscale on their website now :). Enjoy your trip!!!
  • SunnySmiles22
    Options
    You're going to hate me because the only place I know near Melbourne is a pizza place but it's some of the best pizza I've ever had. It's one of those joints that make all of the weird ingredient pizzas. Called The Pizza Gallery.

Have been to Cocoa so many times but I don't remember ever going out to eat there. Sorry!

Sorry, but as far as I know, the Pizza Gallery is closed. I know, I know...it's a sad thing. It was such an amazing restaurant!

I recently graduated from college in Melbourne, so I think I might be able to help you out. My FAVORITE place to eat ever is Siam Orchid. It's a sushi/Japanese/Thai restaurant so there's lot of healthy choices and some not-so-healthy ones as well. Island Pasta Company is pretty good too (it's in downtown Melbourne). They also have a spin-off restaurant called Island Fish Grill (?), but I've never been there.

Hmm...other places to go...Thai Thai II. Big Island Burrito. There's this small Italian restaurant called Peppe's, best Italian food ever! They make their own everything! Meg O'Malleys. This is where a lot of the locals go. There is more unhealthy food than healthy, but it's pretty good. Bizzaro Pizza Company (go to the one on the beach b/c the other one is a take out only).

And then you have your standard chain restuarants...I'm not sure if you want me to mention those. So, I won't. I hope these suggestions help! Let me know if you have any more questions about the area! Have a wonderful vacation!
  • SunnySmiles22
    Options
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/pizza-gallery-and-grill-melbourne

There's the address if you feel the hankering for pizza :). I was in heaven when I had their teriyaki chicken pizza. Looks like they've expanded since the last time I've been there, looks more upscale on their website now :). Enjoy your trip!!!

Oh, I guess they didn't close. They just moved locations. You have no idea how happy you just made me! haha!
  • Mirlyn
    Options
    Haha glad to help! If I ever end up in the Melbourne area again I'll definitely be hitting up the Pizza Gallery again :).
  • orlandosgoddess21
    orlandosgoddess21 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Welcome to my area!! :-) Downtown Melbourne has some really cute places. This one cafe, grrr can't remember what it's called, but they have awesome sandwhiches. It's downtown past the theater next to the wedding dress place. If you are in Cocoa, you HAVE to go to El Leoncito in Titusville. Amazing Mexican Food, probably not the best choice but delicious. In Cocoa Beach, Coconuts is on the beach and has great food and lots of grilled options, so does the Cocoa Beach Pier. In Cape Canaveral, go down to the Port. There are great options there including Grills, but everything down there is awesome. BTW the Space Center is Awesome if you are looking for a fun day trip. Enjoy your trip!! Let me know if there is anything else you want to know about this area of Florida.
  • robbienjill2
    Options
    You should check out the website for cocoa beach pier. They have an amazing restaurant on the pier (can not think of the name, but there is really only 1 and they serve seafood, pasta, steaks, etc) as well as a couple of bars. It is lovely. Hope u have a great time.