Evolv Nutrition Shakes

Options
jgear13
jgear13 Posts: 22 Member
I am interested in starting to drink Evolv shakes as meal replacements. I am wondering:

What is your experience with Evolv shakes?
Did you like the taste, have any good recipe suggestions, did it help you lose any weight?
How many meals do you replace with the shake?
When do you typically drink them? (I am thinking I will drink it as my dinner replacement, which also happens to be after my workout or possibly as my breakfast)

Replies

• theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to replace meals?
  • jgear13
    Options
    Mainly because I am on the go a lot and either in a hurry in the morning OR in a hurry after my workout. I also like drinking smoothies/ frappes and thought this could be a healthy quick way of getting my calories and my fix for those kinds of things.
  • hamasehfallah
    Options
    I have no idea what evolve shakes are but if you are trying to lose weight it comes down to a caloric deficit (not an extremely high one - mind you).

But if you are eating these shakes and still at a healthy deficit, then yes you will lose weight. No food product will "make" you lose weight though.

If you're in a rush in the morning why not try a protein shake for breakfast? Like 1 scoop of protein powder with almond/soy milk and some fruit or something. I feel like most "shakes" are extremely over priced & although have added vitamins, are also filled with fillers and artificial sweeteners.

If you still like the idea of a 'do it all meal replacement' shake, go to whole foods and look at the meal replacement options they have there. At least those ones aren't full of artificial sweeteners and chemicals. I like the brand "vega"
  • jgear13
    Options
    I have been on a strict nutrition plan for the last 3 months, working with a trainer, and have lost about 18lbs so I know how to work my calories and exercise to have a deficit and lose weight. From my understanding the Evolv shakes are all natural so I am not worried about being pumped full of chemicals. This is what the Evolv website states about the shakes.
    •USDA Developed ingredients
    •ModCarb – Calorie Control Trim
    •Natural Sweeteners and flavors
    •No soy protein or sucralose
    •Support metabolism
    •Feel full longer
    However, yes they are expensive. $37 a bag (14 servings) plus S&H.

I was just curious about first hand experiences with this specific brand/ product. I do have a free sample coming in the mail soon so I can try before I buy.
  • SethCarsten
    Options
    My roommate lost nearly 50 lbs with Evolv and has never felt better in his life... Stuff tastes incredible too. Hundreds upon hundreds of weight loss stories.