Exercise to target leg area

Options
So I'm naturally pear shape and whilst I'm happy with a shapely derrière, I hate my big fat legs.
I finished doing the 30 day shred over a week ago and have started doing Ripped in 30. What can I do alongside this to target the fat in my legs?

Replies

• erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You really, really can't. That doesn't mean you can't increase muscle mass and decrease fat, that you won't lose fat on your thighs, it just means you can direct your body to take stores of fat from there particularly. All you can do is lose weight all over and eventually (and usually last) it will get to the part where you want it to happen most. I think it is genetics worst nasty joke, almost everyone most wants to lose in the last place they will actually lose from.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    liposuction
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Your body decides which fat to ditch first. Its unfortunate, but if you lose enough weight you will eventually lose it where you want to.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Run. I know people say you can't fat reduce, and that's pretty much true. But running does make more difference in my legs. Maybe its the constant jiggle.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    So I'm naturally pear shape and whilst I'm happy with a shapely derrière, I hate my big fat legs.
    I finished doing the 30 day shred over a week ago and have started doing Ripped in 30. What can I do alongside this to target the fat in my legs?
    You can't. There is NO EXERCISE you can do to target fat on any particular part of the body (that's feasible anyway). Body will dictate how you lose fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You can't. There is NO EXERCISE you can do to target fat on any particular part of the body (that's feasible anyway). Body will dictate how you lose fat.

What about those vibration platform thingies that have been shown to relocate fat from the tummy area?
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What the others said. I'm a pear shape as well. Over 3 months of heavy weightlifting, stair climber, elliptical and running and i've lost 16+ inches all over. About 1.5 inches off my hips and 1 inch from each of my thighs though. My waist is 29", chest 34" and I can wear Junior's M/L shirts now but my hips are 43" inches around. Just have to keep training. This has been my dilemma since I can remember. I've always wanted to wear cute Ann Taylor/Banana Republic/Hollister pants but never have been able to. I'm 48 years old and only just now getting ok with this fact about me :(

good luck!

Melissa
  • weesinglane
    Options
    What about those vibration platform thingies that have been shown to relocate fat from the tummy area?

Those things are so much fun lol... Don't believe they do much though :/
  • Mochila09
    Mochila09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it myself, but folks rave about pilates. I've done a few of the workouts from blogilates.com. Killer!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Shown by whom?
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have also heard that women lose fat from the top down. I am not sure how true this is, but at any rate, patience will be your best friend.
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options

You could just pray the fat away. If you're very sincere in your heart and you really, really mean it then Jesus will take the fat away (even just in your legs).