Baking/snacks for the freezer

Options
Good morning (well it is in NZ)

I need to get more organized as I am too busy at the moment.
I am wanting to freeze some baking, maybe sandwiches (can you do that?) and snacks for the kids lunches
I have asked on other message boards but the response is things like lollie cake, chocolate cake, caramel slice etc
I want my family to be healthy too, I dont mind one treat in their lunch boxes but otherwise am looking for healthy freezer ideas
Any ideas would be appreciated, sweet ideas welcome too though as I do bake sweets for treats :bigsmile:

Thank you

Replies

• Lieann22
    Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    great idea - be warned though - I made some flapjacks and my husband just ate them out of the freezer container lol ..... they were gone within 2 days.
  • leoniemaree
    leoniemaree Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    banana muffins, berry muffins, mini vegetarian quiches, homemade pizza, and scrolls apple and cinamon or a favourite in australia cheeseymite scrolls (cheese and vegemite) hope this helps its what I usually make for my kids school lunchboxes
  • Lululucyloo
    Options
    great idea - be warned though - I made some flapjacks and my husband just ate them out of the freezer container lol ..... they were gone within 2 days.
    hahaha I have a freezer downstairs in the garage, I dont tell anyone that I put stuff in it and given it is next to the washing machine, noone goes down there. That is so funny though, they must have been good!!
  • Lululucyloo
    Options
    banana muffins, berry muffins, mini vegetarian quiches, homemade pizza, and scrolls apple and cinamon or a favourite in australia cheeseymite scrolls (cheese and vegemite) hope this helps its what I usually make for my kids school lunchboxes
    awesome thanks
    Question about quiches, do they have to be heated once defrosted? cause with them going into lunch boxes, the wouldn't be.. ok or not? I could still make them for weekend lunches when I have an assignment due (partner works weekends)
  • Lieann22
    Options
    don't ..... I wrap chocolate bars in foil and put them in the salad section in the fridge so they last.

I think they were good - I only got one lol
  • Lieann22
    Options
    awesome thanks
    Question about quiches, do they have to be heated once defrosted? cause with them going into lunch boxes, the wouldn't be.. ok or not? I could still make them for weekend lunches when I have an assignment due (partner works weekends)

no need to heat them - yum - I make fritatas as well - you could freeze that too - quiche without the pastry
  • leoniemaree
    leoniemaree Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    you can eat the quiches, pizzas hot or cold (my kids do anyway) as long as they are not frozen maybe take them out freezer the night before and maybe savoury muffins as well for lunchboxes :)
  • Lululucyloo
    Options
    Ah cool, my kids will eat it all cold I was just worried about it being dangerous having unheated egg, I dont eat eggs myself. Thanks guys, I am going to make a hut for the kids in the garage but will check in later