Question for the ladies.

Options
Hey ladies,
I've dropped 42 lbs in the past year and am working on probably another twenty- thirty depending on how I feel when I hit the nearer number. My issue is, I have been losing, all over, but my breast just don't seem to be keeping pace with the rest of me! I can wear a pretty consistent 14, several 12s UNLESS they are at all fitted and narrow at the bust! I wear a 38 DD AFTER losing. Is there anyway I can target this area? I never wanted large breast- you won't find me in the implant line- in fact I am trying to get rid of some. LOL Any advice? Anyone else been there, done that?

Replies

• JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    For me, it was the last thing I lost and now I'm in proportion. Just hang there and keep up the exercising.

Also, I do traditonal push-ups and use the bands (big rubber ones), helps a lot!!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Nothing you can do to target it, unfortunately. I seemed to lose more from my chest after I took up running. That was a good thing for me - I'm down to a 36E now, soon to be a 36DD. I'd be happy with that. I have a large frame and broad shoulders so they don't look out of place.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    When I lost before, I dropped about 60lbs and went into the 100's.. I still had large breasts. I think I've bought the same size bras since I was in high school, personally I'm hoping it remains this way, as I'm quite fond of my ladies.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Spot training is impossible. You can incorporate some strength training to help firm things up a bit though..

If you're anything like me : learn to love them. They might not be going anywhere. I was sooo hoping to lose some boob-age after loosing 50 lbs. No luck. I actually went up a cup size -- 38D to a 32DD.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Nope you're very unlikely to lose much, if any, boobage and there is no such thing as spot reduction.
    Learn to love what you've got
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yes I ;understand your wish to be smaller. I have went from a G to an F but a long way to go before I am small enough to make exercising easier.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    My breasts stayed huge through most of my weight loss. Even as the band size was reducing, the cup size was increasing! I honestly thought they'd never get smaller. I was a 44F at my biggest, 40G mid-way, and the last few months, in maintenance, the girls are finally redistributing. I'm currently a 34DD, but almost ready to go down to a D. I'm 5'9" and 157 pounds, so that's pretty proportional for my body (I think). I wouldn't be sad if I ended up in a C cup at some point.

Don't despair, they will reduce on their own, but it may take a while.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, but for me, my chest was one of the last places I lost fat from - so it could just be the same for you. Wait it out and see. There are worse things than having big breasts! But I guess honestly I wouldn't know. hehehe... I would trade places with you in a heart beat if I could, though! :)

Congrats on the weightloss so far, by the way, that is wonderful! :)
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm not a dr and could be wrong with some of this but I do know our boobs are made up of both mammary tissue and fatty tissue and the mammary tissue does not really decrease in weight loss. So (I think) if you have dense mammary tissue your boobs are not really going to go anywhere. My breast are always the first thing to grow when I gain weight and the first thing I lose when I lose weight. I have small breasts naturally and the only way I have ever worn a C cup is if I have been fat. So what boobs I do have are mainly made up of fat and when I am think I am barely a B :(
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Make that THIN not THINK ha
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    First thing to do is make sure you are properly sized. That can make a big difference to how things fit and look. Also, be aware of necklines. V-necks can look better than, say, boatnecks.

I've heard many girls say upper body lifting adds perk.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    oh man. I wish! It was the first place to go on me. You can't target. Our bodies are different and it'll just take time.
  • missa526
    missa526 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    A small busted ladies has to pipe in. My chest is always the first place I lose weight. No matter what weight I am (I'm 5'1") my cup size at my lowest was a double a and now at my highest I'm still barely a b cup. When I start really losing weight they shrink much faster then the rest of me. I think it all depends on genetics and body shape.
  • SkinTightDenims
    Options
    Okay, I've gone through my life as a 36B, regardless of how much weight I put on. IN FACT, someone actually signed my jr. high year book with a little poem:

"Ashes to ashes and dust to dust
    maybe next year
    you'll finally have some busts."

Believe me, if I could take it off your, um, hands (?) I would!
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It was the last place I lost, it seems to take ages, and even after 80+lbs i've only lost one band size and one cup size, I really did expect more. Strength training helps 'perk' them up a bit, but there's no way to spot reduce so just keep being patient and congrats on the weightloss so far :drinker:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Wear a good bra and enjoy the admiration. Most of us have some struggles in learning to love ourselves.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Spot training is impossible. You can incorporate some strength training to help firm things up a bit though..

If you're anything like me : learn to love them. They might not be going anywhere. I was sooo hoping to lose some boob-age after loosing 50 lbs. No luck. I actually went up a cup size -- 38D to a 32DD.

When the band gets smaller so do the cups, for example a 36C is a bigger cup than a 32C. I've only just worked all this out recently lol!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So far I've gone from 38 DD to 36 DD. Not exactly the result I was looking for.
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I finally got time to read all of your replies. Thanks so much, ladies. I wouldn't want my boobs to disappear but it is frustrating to have to go up a dress size because the girls are in the way. SIGH All in all, I am pretty well proportioned which is good in one way----not so good in another- it means I have generous hips and behind too. In fact, my behind sometimes means up a size in pants! LOL Guess I shouldn't be too shocked that they aren't going anywhere but I had hoped..... :happy:
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'll take some of yours!

Of course when I lost 15 pounds, I lost some of it in my chest instead of where I wanted to lose it.

Just keep losing, it will come off eventually.