Never able to lose weight when trying!

Options
This is my first post. I decided I wanted to get other opinions. I lost 30 pounds the summer before high school (because I was in marching band). Then gained it all back during high school and college. I graduated college this past August...and now I feel like it is my time to finally become healthy.
I was surprised I lost 30 pounds before high school because I wasn't trying to lose weight. And now for some reason, whenever I try to lost weight again I just can't do it. Always stay the same or I even gain weight. My mind stays concentrated on a new diet or exercise regime for about 1 week at the most. I start craving everything under the sun...especially chocolate cake :angry:
So how does everyone do it?
Please share with me how you finally found a way that works for you. Diet and exercise.
I want to hear your success stories. How do you stay focused?
Thanks

p.s. I have recently decided to start jogging. I know it's hard, but seems simple enough and very effective. I hope it works..I just need to keep at it.

Replies

• jcinhd
    jcinhd Posts: 4
    Options
    since i've got this app i dropped 10 lbs. I eat what I want but make sure not to go over my Cal limit also a lot of running and biking and a lil weight lifting helps.. cause if your just running all you doing is burning some many calories but if you also lift weights it will keep burning extra calories.. protein shakes are the best and they even have chocolate favor imo thats how you stop the craving on cake and such..
  • KRollins90
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I guess i am more cautious about my calories now. Its nice to keep track so easily. As for the chocolate. Im gona try putting a little chocolate syrup on bananas. Also got hershey kisses and put them somewhere i forget about them..and do my best to only have 1 a day