gummy vitamins vs pill

Options
ok so i know this isnt really about weight loss . but it is about nutrition and you cant have a healthy diet and lose weight the right way unless you have vitamins . So my question to you is ..have any of you on MFP tried adult one a day gummy multivitamins ? im concerned that they arent as effective because they are gummy . but i just want to know another opinion because i have a really hard time swallowing regular vitamins . also im wondering if they absorb slower because they are gummy? help me please

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've never even seen any, but I'd think they would work as well.
  • megemeese
    megemeese Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    check them out ! they are called . one a day vita craves. they have them for women and men , they also have uimmunity support and bone health ones too
  • luvya7sandra796
    luvya7sandra796 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love the VitaFusion Multivities it is a Gummy Vitamin I was having a very difficult time swallowing My Daily Vitamin , I felt the coating was terrible and made me feel sick! So, then I switch to the Gummy Kind! Like the flavor and I have lots of energy! =)
  • megemeese
    Options
    I love the VitaFusion Multivities it is a Gummy Vitamin I was having a very difficult time swallowing My Daily Vitamin , I felt the coating was terrible and made me feel sick! So, then I switch to the Gummy Kind! Like the flavor and I have lots of energy! =)

yeah i have been taking the vitamin ones for about three moneths now . I just dont really know if they are as effective ? they seem to be doing the same things for me .
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    The only downside that I can think of is that they are mostly just a vitamin supplement and don't have some of the minerals that a regular vitamin has. Not a problem if you are just after the vitamins. I buy these for my kids because they have trouble with regular vitamin pills, too.
  • megemeese
    Options
    The only downside that I can think of is that they are mostly just a vitamin supplement and don't have some of the minerals that a regular vitamin has. Not a problem if you are just after the vitamins. I buy these for my kids because they have trouble with regular vitamin pills, too.
    ;( what are they missing? i know they dont have as much iron
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    They are. The only difference is they are in gummy form vs pill form. Ask yourself this, is liquid tums better or worse than the chewables? Both have the same ingredients to help you.

The only reason I DON"T like the gummies any more, is that they are 20 calories per chew vs. 0 from the pills, and I like to save the 40 calories for my coffee creamer.
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Gummies are fine. It's the same thing as regular vitamins, just in an easier and more tasty form. Your body will still digest and process them. I've been buying the gummies for quite awhile now. VitaFusion is the brand I recommend. They seem to hold up their softness and don't get hard / chewy (I believe it was the Vita- crave ones that did that).

Just remember to log them - a serving of two (depending on the brand you get) will have anywhere from 10 to 20 cals.
  • yourstylistami
    Options
    Normal vitamins make me sick. Literally. Gummie vitamins I can stomach, but try to get most of your vitamns from food.Vitamins from food will be better used by your body.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It's just a different form - I love the gummies. (and I do log the calories) I'm way more likely to take them - when I was attempting to choke down the regular gigantic vitamins I would always forget, but I never forget my yummy gummies!
  • megemeese
    Options
    They are. The only difference is they are in gummy form vs pill form. Ask yourself this, is liquid tums better or worse than the chewables? Both have the same ingredients to help you.

The only reason I DON"T like the gummies any more, is that they are 20 calories per chew vs. 0 from the pills, and I like to save the 40 calories for my coffee creamer.
    do you think the sugar is bad?, or just calories?
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I don't know about your particular brand but in general I have found the gummies to have far less of the vitamins and/or minerals than the pills do. To make up the difference, you'd have to eat quite a few. You'd have to decide if calories from gummy vitamins are worth it.
  • Wira11
    Wira11 Posts: 4
    Options
    just watch for sugar.....and liquid is the only thing that will absorb the best possible way........gummy and pill your body only absorb 20 to 50%

i suggest getting "womens ultra nutrition" by gnc.....has all vitamins minerals omegas calcium the works.....almost one of the best things on the market thats lab tested
  • megemeese
    Options
    thanks everyone for all the help :)
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    My DR told me to do gummy since I puke after the normals. Now I just have to find chewables that dont have gelatin
  • megemeese
    Options
    just watch for sugar.....and liquid is the only thing that will absorb the best possible way........gummy and pill your body only absorb 20 to 50%

i suggest getting "womens ultra nutrition" by gnc.....has all vitamins minerals omegas calcium the works.....almost one of the best things on the market thats lab tested
    im going to google this lol !
  • JHarr454
    JHarr454 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I eat the Smarty Pants gummies. I love them. They also have omega fish oil in them. Did I mention they taste like candy? I love them.
  • Olivia1977
    Olivia1977 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Vitafusion is the brand I take: 2 gummies a day. I also take a B-100 complex (time-released), an acidophilus, an omega 3-6-9, and a D-3 1000
  • gaiagal3
    gaiagal3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I take smarty pants gummies...they have vitamin d and one has in them as well. I have a really hard time with pills but to be safe I take my pills every couple of days instead of the tummies.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Only pill I can stomach is GNC Women's Ultra vitamin. I'm sure gummies are fine.