Looking for friends

Options
I am looking for friends to keep me on track and motivated. I am 35, 5'7" and weigh 148. I want to get down to about 142, but have been stuck here. I try to do aerobic exercise every day and strength training every three days. I get lazy sometimes and cannot get myself motivated. I also tend to overeat a lot of days which explains why I feel stuck.

Please send me a message telling me why you want to add me. Thanks.

Replies

• michellechawner
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you - i overeat almost all days, because I'm always hungry. I get to the point I get really shaky and my sugars are dropping. I have maintained my weight though, for the past few months. I wish I could exercise more, but I have a medical condition that causes severe pain, so it's hard for me to stay motivated. I want to lose 20 pounds, but even the doctors say that's unhealthy (i weighed that in college, how is it unhealthy?). Pretty much all I can do is walk, but i'm even not motivated to do that most days :(

I'm 27, 5'5, and 142. I'm trying to get back in shape, be healthy for me, and prove to everyone just because you have a medical condition doesn't mean you can let yourself go.
  • neilly115
    Options
    Hi there, I am new to mfp and can relate to your post. I am 5'4" and weigh 250lbs and will be 30 in a few weeks.

This is very new and i hope to find encouragment from others struggling with their weight and hopefully offer some support. I have a mental barrier and constantly find excuses not to workout or watch what i eat but really hope to change that.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    @ neilly 115 that is where I started out with 250 pounds. I am now 175 pounds. I would love to encourage you both
  • neilly115
    Options
    That would be great! Still trying to navigate this website. Do i invite you as a friend?
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I was on this years ago and left, now i'm back. It's the motivation that 's hurting me.

I'm not "overweight" by any means, everyone says I look good. But I feel horrible about myself (especially my weight).

And any tips on not overeating? I'm typically over my calorie count by about 300 a day :( And health food doesn't sound appetizing at all (I try, I really do, but it's just easier to grab a burger or a pizza).
  • asig88
    asig88 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi. I just found MFP today and joined. I am on a mission to lose 50 lbs. I started at the gym and am consistently going about 3x per week, one of those days with a personal trainer. I've been going to the gym since early February and have not seen any results. I believe this is a result of my eating patterns. I start out with the best of intentions each day but find that I am over eating and/or eating the wrong things. Looking to lose the weight and become healthy again. Would enjoy connecting with anyone who would be willing to serve as a coach and/or provide inspiration.:flowerforyou:
  • Leosbabe
    Leosbabe Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm about 6 weeks i think into my personal fitness goals and absolutely love the MFP app, I've lost 7lbs so far, and completely feel the change, I find myself this last week slacking on the log ins, Im in search of new friends for motivation and inspiration .....I need to stay on track.. Anyone in the same boat please add
  • under1star
    Options
    This is where I'm starting at 250 lbs and I have a long way too go! Guess it's better to get started then never making an effort.
  • milknbeans
    Options
    Hiya,
    I'm 35 and from England. Ive just joined as want to lose some weight after having a baby (4 months old)
    I've been on this for a week. At the moment I'm "in the zone", so to speak, and eating within my calorie amount and recording it all, but I ma easily distracted, lol