secret eaters

Options
last night i watched a programme about secret eaters, the couple on the show were overweight but basically ate healthily but far too much portion wise. They ate whilst watching tv or using their laptops. They underestimated their food intake and as a result were gaining weight.
This is me! I know the rules of most diets going but still aren't at my ideal weight, but today after the reality check ate til i was satisfied, ran home from work (normally i 'fuel up' for this) and ate dinner at a table ( albeit a mcdonalds table - but no tv or tablet) and i amazingly feel no hunger or too full.

i find mfp keeps me on track even if i dont lose i dont gain either. When i don't log i go off the rails so i'm determined to keep on track and succeed one day.

Just wanted to know else feels this way

Replies

• jhealy1191
    jhealy1191 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I too have done this in the past. I would tell myself that since it is considered healthy I should be able to eat more. What channel or program was the Secret Eater show on? I wouldn't mind seeing it.
  • CupcakeConnection
    Options
    I have never been a secret eater.

Remember - "What you eat in private, you wear in public"!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm not necessarily a secret eater but more a thoughtless eater...when entertained by the tv or something else. With my mind on other things I find that it's easy to consume more without even tasting it. I rarely eat potato chips (BBQ are latest favorite) but when I do have a few I actually close my eyes when "chewing" and the taste and focus are so much more intense. Weird, but it helps me savor rather than inhale them!
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I too have done this in the past. I would tell myself that since it is considered healthy I should be able to eat more. What channel or program was the Secret Eater show on? I wouldn't mind seeing it.
    IT was channel4 so should be on catch up, not sure how many episodes have been aired. It's on next week though
  • loxleys
    Options
    I have never been a secret eater.

Remember - "What you eat in private, you wear in public"!
    I'll try remember this!
  • loxleys
    Options
    I'm not necessarily a secret eater but more a thoughtless eater...when entertained by the tv or something else. With my mind on other things I find that it's easy to consume more without even tasting it. I rarely eat potato chips (BBQ are latest favorite) but when I do have a few I actually close my eyes when "chewing" and the taste and focus are so much more intense. Weird, but it helps me savor rather than inhale them!
    I normally just eat as quick as possible to finish the pack, could do with exercising this technique too
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Sadly i was a secret eater, im actually struggleing to get this under control im on day 2 of not binging at night its very hard. I binge on healthy food even when i dont want it i eat it NOT anymore :)
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I used to do that but I wouldn't digest it if you know what I mean. Fortunately, I've mostly conquered that nasty problem.