Losing weight but not inches????

Options
Anyone have any success with this? I am the same measurement i have been since i weighed 210 and i now weigh 193. My clothes are fitting loose and i am losing weight. Is it not enough weight loss to see a difference??

Replies

• Tyggress73
    Tyggress73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    17 pounds lost and your clothes are fitting looser? That sounds like inches lost to me! :)

Are you doing any weight lifting? That will lose the inches faster....I've lost 12 inches and 4 pants sizes by lifting weights.
  • tabathavm
    tabathavm Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well i am using 5lb dumbells in my workouts. Yes my clothes are getting looser but when i measure, the numbers are still the same, unless the inches are falling off in other places than where i measure?
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    Weights comes off differently from everyone.
  • eboyas
    eboyas Posts: 11
    Options
    What are you measuring, and how tall are you? I found that I have to lose a lot of pounds to lose a few inches. Also, I have lost the most inches in my waist and fewer inches in my hips and NO inches in my boobs.

I am very tall though, so fewer pounds translate into fewer inches. I measure a ton of places, so I can "see" my progress. :) I also really like the special body measuring tapes on Amazon.com as they make measuring a breeze.

http://smallestloser.blogspot.com
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've lost a lot of weight. I know I have lost inches--my bras don't fit (major inch loss here), my underpants fall off, my clothes bag. But I must not know how to measure because although I try to put the tape in the same place each time and use the same tautness (is that a word?) I see next to no change in the number on the tape and sometimes I even get a bigger number. And I definitely am not putting on any muscle. The scale, though, is going in the right direction--DOWN.
  • tabathavm
    Options
    I am measuring my waist at my bellybutton, thighs, upper arms, and hips.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    A lot o people on here use Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workout to lose inches. The DVD is around $9.
  • pnut456
    pnut456 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would start measuring your chest and your abs as well. I know for me anyway, that is where my fat starts to come off first.. My belly, hips and thighs are always last. Good Luck in your journey!!! :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost a single inch - but my clothes aren't any looser either. I think if your clothes are fitting better I wouldn't worry about it! Or measure more areas and you'll find where those inches are coming from.
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    A lot o people on here use Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workout to lose inches. The DVD is around $9.

^Its free on you tube!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Same thing here - I'm taking progress photos after every 10 lbs lost - the first set from 220 to 210 looked exactly the same. 3 more lbs and I'll take the 200 photos and compare. Clothes are a tiny bit looser but I expected a bigger difference at this point..
  • tabathavm
    Options
    I've lost a lot of weight. I know I have lost inches--my bras don't fit (major inch loss here), my underpants fall off, my clothes bag. But I must not know how to measure because although I try to put the tape in the same place each time and use the same tautness (is that a word?) I see next to no change in the number on the tape and sometimes I even get a bigger number. And I definitely am not putting on any muscle. The scale, though, is going in the right direction--DOWN.

Exactly!
  • tabathavm
    Options
    The areas where i can see a HUGE difference is my face, neck, shoulders, hands, feet, wrist. I will try measuring other areas as well.
    Oh i'm 5'7.
  • tuckervc
    tuckervc Posts: 30
    Options
    Everyone says my face is slimmer. I can hardly tell a difference in my pants. I wish I could go down in boobs.:grumble: I have lost 14 lbs since middle of January and feel tons better but I really want to tell a difference in the way things fit.
  • S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've lost approx. 2 inches from hips, [natural] waist, thighs etc. but it doesn't look like much change on me. I'm hoping the next ten lbs will bring some changes, though starting to feel defeated even though yes, the scale is going down. I'm not sure where the weight is going from, I assume it's from weird places like the shoulder area, neck/chest area (woo collarbones!). Bit of a pain really. Started doing deadlifts this week, maybe it'll help a teeny bit.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Maybe you haven't been measuring in the places that you're losing. Looser clothing is a good sign.
  • sarah5893
    sarah5893 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i've lost 34 lbs and people didn't notice with me until about 25 lbs.
    stick in there and if you do the compliments will come thick and fast :D
  • tabathavm
    Options
    THanks everyone! I have measured more places now LOL So cant wait to see what happends in a month :)