I love Coke

Options
I am pretty good when it comes to eating. I do crave unhealthy stuff like Chinese food and Nachos, but I really have a problem when it comes to Coca Cola. I love my regular and my Coke Zero. A lot of people tell me to quit cold turkey. I did that before and it didn't work.
I just want to know, is there anyone else that is or was a Coke addict. Share your stories with me lovelies. Thank you :)
<33

Replies

• vegaspfmf
    vegaspfmf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    coke is a helluva drug
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I use to drink coke like water.
    A few cans a day for years (ages 7-16). I knew I had to stop. I just drank less and less each week. Then, I would stop craving it. I drank more water and I would squeeze a lemon or orange wedge in the water. It definitely helps. You should try again. You can do it!

Jen
  • erg2013
    erg2013 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I used to be a coke addict. At least 4-5 a day. I had to stop cold turkey. After about a year or so without it, I was out for pizza and I thought.. why not? It tasted so disgustingly sweet I almost spit it out. Never have looked back.
  • Ellealie
    Ellealie Posts: 17
    Options
    Oh god, me too. I had a bad habit, like 3-4 cans a day of the regular stuff. I quit cold turkey and only drink water now. I've tried to quit before but would fiend for it so bad that I'd drive out in the middle of the night to buy some. Since I've started low carb I don't crave it anymore. I think I was just a crazy carb/sugar addict or something. All I ever wanted was sugar or potatoes or something else equally starchy. So glad I don't feel that way anymore.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I was a regular coke, full leaded coke drinker for years and years. In my 20's and 30's I even drank it for breakfast, I didn't start drinking my morning coffee until my 40's. I could go through a 2 litre a day. Coke and donuts would be my breakfast and sometimes lunch and dinner. I quit cold turkey in early Feb of this year. So far I haven't even craved it, which is a shock. I thought I would be dreaming about it. I gave up all of my crappy eating along with the coke. I don't miss any of it. I feel so much better without it. I do have a glass of flavored sparkling water with lunch every day. I drink iced tea in restaurants. Water the rest of the time. Sometimes I will put frozen berries in my water to give it some flavor. Cold turkey was the only way for me. I didn't want it in the house at all. My husband has never been a soda drinker. He only drinks water, so it has been pretty easy for me.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I quit cold turkey for a bit over a year. Had one a month or so back...Sitting here drinking a 2 liter now...Damn it, it just keep sucking me back in.

To be fair, quitting cold turkey, I was OK after about a week, 2 days of headaches, and another 5 days of cravings...Sadly I replaced it with Gatorade and then Mochas...which, it turns out are really worse choices.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Used to drink a ton of coke. Up to 6+ cans a day sometimes. It was a slow, gradual cut down, and now I'm down to at most a couple a week - I'm finding it sweeter and sweeter, and just not worth the calories most days.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I'm a little saddened... I read 'I love cake' and was all disappointed when it was in fact coke!

lol!
  • fIashforward
    fIashforward Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I used to be basically addicted to an energy drink called Boost, like Red Bull but you only get it in Ireland and the UK as far as I know. The stuff was really sugary too and was wrecking my teeth. Just stopped cold turkey basically.

Though for something like Coke Zero, my opinion would be keep drinking it, its better to drink that than something sugary (in terms of weight loss anyway. I've been drinking Diet Coke and Pepsi Max since I started to try and lose weight and I've still lost weight, so it definitley doesn't prevent it)
  • AtlantaWriter
    AtlantaWriter Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Real Coke has high-fructose corn syrup in it, which can cause diabetes and is bad on your arteries. So quit drinking it!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Coke is nasty. Did you know that before they put the caramel coloring in it, it's green? Ack.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I've generally replaced Coke with iced tea or water. Occasionally, I'll have one as a treat. It used to be so tasty - ice cold and carbonated. Definitely liked Coke over Pepsi - Pepsi seems more syrupy and not nearly as carbonated. However, it shouldn't be a problem if you enjoy a soda once in a while.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ah Coke. It's my last food vice, and I don't know when I'll be ready to give it up. In the past, I've cut it out, played "perfect diet" for a bit, then crashed hard. I don't want to do that this time, so I drink anywhere between 0 and 1 per day and my typical day ends up more 80/20. I only drink Mexican Coke now (no HFCS), super-chilled in a glass bottle, way too expensive to drink a lot of, and try to only drink it if I am going to really enjoy it. I don't feel this is an ideal situation, and I would like to get to the point where I could enjoy it once a week or once in a blue moon, but I am not to that place yet and I am still making progress on weight and other healthier eating habits, so it's just an uneasy truce right now.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I love coke zero. Although right now I'm drinking soda streams version of coke & coke zero. I find the calorie count for soda streams non diet soda to actually be lower than that of Coke & Pepsi products. I also drink a lot of carbonated crystal light. The biggest plus is I can adjust the carbonation to my liking.
  • jcs225
    jcs225 Posts: 7
    Options
    Right there with you, used to drink a few a day. I finally figured out that I don't actually like the flavor. Drink a flat Coke, it's nasty. I actually like the fizz. So I switched to flavored seltzer and every now and then a diet soda (maybe 3 a week).

Also, squeezing a lemon or lime into a seltzer makes you feel like there is a little sugar in it for very few calories.

I also drank soda at breakfast, because, hey, I don't drink coffee, right? I haven't missed the caffeine unless I am very tired.

I try to visualize the calories in a soda as food. As in, a bottle of soda has as many calories as my favorite restaurant meal (a spicy tofu bowl with broccoli) or a slice of pizza. Which would I rather have?! I try to think about how much sugar is in that bottle...almost half the volume! I can't imagine myself ever making something in my kitchen that was half sugar, not even the chocolate mousse I make on holidays.
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Omg I used to a coke fiend!!!! Coke was my water. You know what, I don't know where in this weight loss journey it happened, but now I can go a long time without having a coke (a couple of weeks) and not realize it has been that long. Now, wine? I still haven't kicked that habit lol.
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I traded 5-6 cans a day of diet coke for 1 can of regular coke and so far it's working well. Sometimes on the weekends I'll have a 20oz of diet coke but I haven't even done that in about 6 weeks.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    coke is a helluva drug

If she was on coke (cocaine) she wouldn't need a fitness website....She would already be 8% body fat...lol
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    Coke is it!

Seriously I love me a Coca-Cola, but I quit except for when I need one for nausea or a migraine. I treat it like medicine now lol.
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Dumped pretty much all sodas (diet and regular) cold turkey.

I do, however, allow myself an occasional Mexican Coke every now and then. Real sugar. Iced cold in a real glass bottle. Goes so well with an aged rum.

It's like crack though, so need to check that soda addiction at the door.

Mexcelent-Coke-198x198.jpg

mexicangroundsquirrel.jpg