its just hard

Options
so i may or may not be "18" but i am a teenager. anyways its hard to lose weight in my house. theres not much support just jokes. im one out of five kids. that means my beautyful mother had 6 kids. she's 5'4 {im 5ft} she weighs like 120 125lbs. that less tham me.:grumble:

Replies

• conflictedlikethe5thdimension
    Options
    and my older sis whose 23 had 3 kids {counting a set of twins} and lost weight having babies. shes 4'8 inches and about 115lbs. i joke that in my family if you want to lose weight have a baby but ugh. its hard when others around you (especially those with the same dna) dont have to make losing weight a goal.:cry::grumble:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hey there, first off, don't rely on other people to be supportive, being family they should but they can also be the biggest ones to sabotage you. Stick with what you're doing, knowing that you are making positive changes in your health. Don't let them get you down. When people make fun of it, usually there's more to it then that, they could have low self esteem themselves, and they feel better picking on someone else. Don't compare yourself to mom either! good grief, you're setting yourself up for failure and disappointment...do what's right for your body, don't worry about anyone else but you. Keep focused and stay onMFP where you'll get the support that you need. You can do this, you just need to change your attitude! Get positive, get motivated..show them what you can do!
    Options
    and my lil sis whose almost 16 is like 5'6 even thought she weighs about the same as me shes built like a model. having her weight in all the right places if you know what i mean.:grumble: its hard to look thin when your short. each pound is visible:grumble: i swear
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    and my lil sis whose almost 16 is like 5'6 even thought she weighs about the same as me shes built like a model. having her weight in all the right places if you know what i mean.:grumble: its hard to look thin when your short. each pound is visible:grumble: i swear

You're riding that self pity wagon pretty hard....get focused on you, stop focusing on others and their body type. You need to get yourself to a happy place, feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to help you very much. Start eating better and exercising, you may never look like a "model", but who the hell wants to anyway! good luck.
    Options
    thanks. MFP is great. i just cant find support outside of MPF. my bf likes how i look. my lil sis wont let me come running with her and her pals. my friends are non supportive because they dont try to lose weight. my one friend may have trouble having kids since shes stick thin. another friend is fat and says shes losing weight but i really cant tell. I also dont see her try but i do see her go out to eat at least 2 times aweek and guzzle litters of mountain dew a week. i wish i knew some of you outside of MPF. and again thanks :flowerforyou:
    Options
    i know im sorry. ugh im being negative.that tends to happen. i want to eat healthy but theres alot of junk food in the house.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You can be frustrated, just make sure that frustration doesn't turn and you give up. If they aren't being supportive I know it can be hard, but look to yourself for inner support. You can do it. Then log on here to make yourself accountable to others. For a little group of people on here you check in with every so often and that you can talk to when you're feeling down or tempted.

Because you're young, you have the opportunity to do things that are active but not in the gym like rollerskating, playing frisbee, walking to and from school and other things that are fun. I used to ride my bike to my friends house then we'd ride out bikes to her cousins' house. We were active. If you add good food choices then you are ahead of the game.

I hope that helps and good luck to you.
    Options
    thanks. i would walk to my friends house to and from thats a 45 minute walk all together but i live on a dangerous road. sometimes it feels like the odds are working against me. i do want to be healthy not just thin {though it would be nice] because my one set of grandparents and my aunt both have diabetes. i dont have it but i dont want to get it so i want to make sure my weight doesnt get any heavier and i can slim down some.
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Well, it is hard at first until you find your groove, or what works for you. Sometimes just being aware of what you're eating, or why, can make a huge difference. It could also be the choice to get up rather than sit down. Start with the little things and don't give up. Often times when you try to become a better person, the people around you feel threatened and react negatively. Try to see it for what it really is and don't take it personally. One day you'll be on your own and the foundation of good habits will be set. Hang in there.

Oh, and you can search for people in your area and see if anyone wants to get a workout group together.
    Options
    thanks, i looked at that but everyone i looked at was much older then me and some people dont like large age gaps