recomend me a hrm?

Options
I want an hrm watch which shows calories burned, have no idea what get...help!

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I don't know your budget but the Polar FT4 is a good choice.
  • mightymac
    mightymac Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't know your budget but the Polar FT4 is a good choice.
    Was looking at them, does it function as a normal watch?
  • SparklyPinkMom
    SparklyPinkMom Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just got a pink FT4 and I love it, very easy to use. It does work as a regular watch as well.
  • mightymac
    Options
    I just got a pink FT4 and I love it, very easy to use. It does work as a regular watch as well.

Hmm decisions, decisions the polar
    ft4 or ft7??
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I just got the Polar FT7. It functions as a watch, it's pretty comfortable and works great. I can't really compare it though because it's my very first one.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 is the basic, but good model. There are probably 500 posting of people recommending it here. That and the Polar FT7 which I have. There are minor differences between the FT7 and FT4 and if I had to do it again, I'd just get the FT4 and save the $20. Best price for FT4 is on Amazon:

Pink $66 http://amzn.to/154lVKC
    Gray $60 http://amzn.to/111TTdk
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I have an FT4..and me likey. It definitely has the basic functions one would want.
  • mightymac
    Options
    Do the ft4 and 7 come with the chest strap? Or is it extra, thanks
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 is the basic, but good model. There are probably 500 posting of people recommending it here. That and the Polar FT7 which I have. There are minor differences between the FT7 and FT4 and if I had to do it again, I'd just get the FT4 and save the $20. Best price for FT4 is on Amazon:

Pink $66 http://amzn.to/154lVKC
    Gray $60 http://amzn.to/111TTdk

omg its comes in pink.... i want it
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options

COmes with it, just the FT7 and so much easier to track your calories burning

JC
  • MikeInAZ
    Options

Both the FT4 and FT7 come with the watch and chest strap. They tell you your HR, Calories, Max, Average, Fat Zone, Fitness Zone. Will store your last few work outs so you can review them. They will beep at you when you are hitting your 90% max zone. They are water proof up to 30M which means you can swim with them. They have user replaceable batteries. My batteries seem to last 4-6 months. A nice feature of both is while working out, you can hold the watch to your chest and it will display the time.

A friend of mine bought a cheap off brand from the bike shop. He's had it 3 months, he still can't figure it out. I played with it, the menu's and buttons made no sense. The Polar ones are very intuitive and easy to use. I never even had to read the manual to figure it out!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    FT7, got it for 70.
    I love it and use it when I do cardio!
  • mightymac
    Options

COmes with it, just the FT7 and so much easier to track your calories burning

JC
    So which one do you have? The ft7
  • mightymac
    Options
    Now to make all important decision FT4 or 7. Hmmm
    Thanks everyone
  • MikeInAZ
    Options
    Both models come with the chest strap and transmitter pod. The only difference between the two is that the FT7 will store more data and I think there is an optional device you can buy to hook it up to your PC to copy your workout data. Other than that they are ALMOST identical
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I think they have a feature comparison on their site.

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/compare
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 - I LOVE IT (and yes, its pink :tongue: ) . I went through two before this one. This keeps up with me for Zumba and running - something the others didn't do (they shifted and missed half or more of my workout for readings on a regular basis :explode: ). My FT4 is comfortable (chest strap) and I can use it as a watch without looking odd and it hasn't missed a beat :drinker:
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4. I, too, was debating between the FT4 and FT7 but I figured that I didn't need the extra doo-dads the FT7 came with. I also wear it as a watch to work!
  • mightymac
    Options
    Both models come with the chest strap and transmitter pod. The only difference between the two is that the FT7 will store more data and I think there is an optional device you can buy to hook it up to your PC to copy your workout data. Other than that they are ALMOST identical

Awesome thanks, off to buy an ft4 :)
  • mightymac
    Options
    Oh and a pink one hehe