PCOS - helpful weightloss tips please ?

Options
2»

Replies

• katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That may one day be an option, but I have just turned 18. I am tired of being big but have always struggled to lose weight since puberty :( and it's hard because I have no self confidence and despite working hard since September the weight hasn't went down very much - although the inches have.
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the insulin resistance diet plan? Id suggest to when done having children and older to get a hysterectomy seriously best thing i ever did i feel normal finally
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I looked it up never heard it used by that term, thats basically a low carb/gi diet right? I am pretty confused though because I am not the typical body shape for someone with insulin resistance - I am big on top and bottom as well, my stomach has gone down because of exercise admittedly. I am going to start eating low carb foods but I have also discovered I need more protein in my diet (if you look at my diary)
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    its a diet they usually put diabetics on low index carbs healthy carbs eat plenty of whole grains and veggies..
  • gymalien
    gymalien Posts: 2
    Options
    I know I'm way, way late.... But a teaspoon of Konsyl Fiber (this brand is not addictive with almost no additives) with a glass of water about 45 minutes before the major meals helped me lose cravings and eat less. I also used a new workout system call the 7minuteworkout every other day (although not religiously) and walked a couple miles on the off days... I lost 32 pounds in two months and when All was said and done I'd lost 53 pounds in about 6 months.
  • estherlion
    estherlion Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I should try this.