Facebook rant

Options
Is it just me or have people been posting a ton of high calorie, high fattening food recipes lately?

Replies

• blibby33
    blibby33 Posts: 53
    Options
    Yes they have. I have actually changed a couple of them so that they are lower in fat and carbs and they still taste amazing.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,016 Member
    Options
    You still have facebook?
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I just had to hide a bunch of people on my FB because they kept posting these amazing foods that I would seriously indulge myself on till I threw up. x_x
  • btoeps74
    btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You still have facebook?

When I'm not using myspace yes lol
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,016 Member
    Options
    You still have facebook?

When I'm not using myspace yes lol

I can't even get into MySpace anymore. My password in unretrievable. :laugh: Facebook has been nothing but trouble in my life.
  • CrazyWhiskers
    CrazyWhiskers Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I dont have facebook so that solves that, lol.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a lot a food and recipes on FB, most posted over from Pinterest. I just skip over them. I hadn't thought of blocking the people who post them. I wish I could block some other people for other reasons, lol, but you can't block your inlaws without getting in trouble, LOL!
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a lot a food and recipes on FB, most posted over from Pinterest. I just skip over them. I hadn't thought of blocking the people who post them. I wish I could block some other people for other reasons, lol, but you can't block your inlaws without getting in trouble, LOL!

You can change what/who shows up in your news feed easily, without blocking contact or un-friending them.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    This page has lots of healthy posts, and she is an MFP member, too:

https://www.facebook.com/TheSassyGourmet
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the same thing. I have a friend who asked people to stop posting them as she was trying to lose weight. I don't think they listened though.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You can hide people from your newsfeed, you know. Or change their settings to "Only Important".
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options

I have blocked most of my in-laws, lol. I don't need the drama associated w/there crazy a$$es.
    I have 'liked' a lot of fitness and healthy eating pages so I really don't see many bad recipes.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have as well. Today a friend posted a Butterfinger cake that has almost 600 cals and 69gr sugar per serving. I changed it to a sugar free version with only 80 cals. Now I will have to try it out to see how it tastes.

The original recipe called for a jar of caramel sauce mixed with a can of Eagle brand milk, and poured over a yellow cake, then covered in cool whip, then sprinkle 4 broken up butterfinger bars over the top. Seriously??
  • shadowchaser1
    Options
    I hate it when this happens. Been trying to ignore it when I see it and just sip another cup of coffee.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Too many luscious recipes!! I just look and go on...I know I am doing what I need to do....ignore them!!!
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I used to regularly visit Serious Eats website, but so often the recipes are like, how much fat can we stuff into the dish? It became hard to tell that website from thisiswhyyouarefat.com. Anything will taste pretty good with a stick of butter on it!
  • marilynolivares1
    marilynolivares1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    that is funny
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have as well. Today a friend posted a Butterfinger cake that has almost 600 cals and 69gr sugar per serving. I changed it to a sugar free version with only 80 cals. Now I will have to try it out to see how it tastes.

The original recipe called for a jar of caramel sauce mixed with a can of Eagle brand milk, and poured over a yellow cake, then covered in cool whip, then sprinkle 4 broken up butterfinger bars over the top. Seriously??

Yuck!!!!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I do not know. I do not really use facebook unless I have to communicate with a phoneless friend.
  • charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Not everyone cares about health like we do...