Tell Me When I Will Be Happy!!!

Someone please just tell me when they think I will reach my goal!!!!! I am so sick and tired of waiting for results. I started my journey 6 weeks after pregnancy and it's been a 14 month long road so far. Im type 1 diabetic and hypothyroid. I am currently around 150lbs and Im 5'9". I am lifting heavy 3 times a week (started this 2 months ago) I play badminton once a week (started this in Sept) and I walk once or twice a week. I am a stay at home mom and I clean clean clean all the time! I have been eating 1700cals a day with like 2500-3000cals each day on the weekend - this has STOPPED as of April 1st as I feel it may be the jyst of the problem of not seeing results. I also started 30 day squat challenge on April 1st. If I keep at this with no cheat days, just a few cheat meals, I should be able to drop these last 10lbs or so by the end of June right?????

Replies

• 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    I'm almost 5'9" as well and working towards 150. It sounds like you need to mix it up a little. Change not only your workout routine but maybe even the foods you're eating. The closer we are to our goal, the slower the weight drops. Hang in there.:flowerforyou:
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    I don't know what to change and I have already changed the eating - Im eating right on goal and no crap at all... I would also like to mention that I dropped 15lbs before pregnancy in 3 months and that was just better eating, cardio 3 times a week and light weights 3 times a week.
  • cmstirp
    cmstirp Posts: 51 Member
    It's been less than 2 weeks since you switched your eating to 1700 kcals every day of the week, so you may just need to wait another week or 2 to notice that you're losing again.

If you were eating 5000 kcal on the weekend, and 1,700 every day, that's 13,500 in a week. According to the EER equation I used, your kcal requirement is about 2,200/day, which is 15,400 in a week. That means each week you were only eating -1,900, which is a loss of less than 1 lb per week. (1lb = 3500 kcal). If you stick to eating 1700 every day you should be losing about 1lb per week. So give yourself 10 weeks to lose those 10lbs.
    Does that help at all?

And just for some background, I have a degree in nutrition and I'm currently studying to be an RD.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    YES! Cmstirp! Thank you! I am sick of being this "skinny person before pregnancy" and now the "chick who is pretty but still looks six months pregnant after 15 months post-partum" I think 10lbs would do me wonders!!!! And my husband would fall in love all over again with me as I would now be happy with myself and stop annoying him! It would be truly a dream come true!!! Sipping on a coffee now to get the energy to go down stairs to lift heavy.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    :indifferent:
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    YES! Cmstirp! Thank you! I am sick of being this "skinny person before pregnancy" and now the "chick who is pretty but still looks six months pregnant after 15 months post-partum" I think 10lbs would do me wonders!!!! And my husband would fall in love all over again with me as I would now be happy with myself and stop annoying him! It would be truly a dream come true!!! Sipping on a coffee now to get the energy to go down stairs to lift heavy.

This made me feel sad. You should NOT have to lose 10 pounds to have your husband fall in love with you over again. He should love you regardless (and I am SURE he does)!!! I bet if you asked him, it's no big deal to him. Don't worry about the scale. Keep lifting heavy. Though I had to take a long hiatus from exercise, when I was lifting heavy regularly with little to no cardio, I went down 3 sizes but only lost 2 pounds during that time. Be happy now.

I don't have to!!! I meant that once the 10lbs is gone, I will be happy, in turn which will make him fall in love with me all over again. If Im still not clear, he loves me dearly the way I am right now and he tells me everyday and night along with hugs and kisses. Ahhh, he's a sweetheart.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,301 Member
    You will be happy when you decide to be. Not a minute sooner.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Hmmmm, well I was thinking I will just become automatically happy once I reach my goal. But for sure, it would be better to decide now to be happy, then I could be happy on the journey to reaching my goal. Easier said then done of course.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,301 Member
    Hmmmm, well I was thinking I will just become automatically happy once I reach my goal. But for sure, it would be better to decide now to be happy, then I could be happy on the journey to reaching my goal. Easier said then done of course.

It really is about what you are playing in your head. Every thought you let in is part of your emotional makeup. Decide to bloom where you're planted.

Or move on.

At least, that's been my approach. You can wallow in the sad or you can create the happy.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    :huh:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    nevermind...i just realized you are the woman who put down another women brave enough to show her belly, etc...that was horrible
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    You will be happy when you decide to be. Not a minute sooner.

^ TRUTH. i have been happy at 220. i have been miserable at 150. no number or weight loss will "give" u self love. u need to DECIDE to love yourself today. loving yourself does not mean u won't work toward change. quite the contrary...it becomes the place from which LASTING change comes...
  • peachypants
    peachypants Posts: 34 Member
    The last 10 are always the hardest! Congratulations on making it this far, it's a tough job juggling being a mommy, a maid, a chief and an athlete! As for your tummy pooch, just remember how amazing it is to grow a little human in there? It's hard on your body, embrace what you've created.
    As for me, I can't wait to be 150 again! I'm 4 weeks post-partum and I'm excited about finding that fit, healthy me again. It's going to be harder this time (I've lost these same lbs before) but I'm also aware that my life and body are Forever changed. Hang in there. And keep up your hard work!
  • kacorlis
    kacorlis Posts: 13 Member
    3 suggestions, as I had a similar experience several years ago:

1. If you are lifting "heavy" you may have packed on more muscle weight. I weighed in and tracked my loss with a special test at a clinic (blowing into this computerized device when I started, then repeating and checking body fat at later times during my loss). What I discovered was on the scale when I "only" lost 8 lbs, I had actually lost 13 lbs of FAT, and gained a bunch of muscle! The net difference was the amount on the scale.

2. Have you tracked your measurements? I also lost inches and my clothes fit differently.

3. The closer you are to an "ideal" weight for your age, height, and bone structure, the slower the scale seems to move. Try lifting a little less often and adding one new physical activity. One that maybe uses different muscles than what you are used to. Good luck!!!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    nevermind...i just realized you are the woman who put down another women brave enough to show her belly, etc...that was horrible
    Correction! I did not put her down at all. I was amazed at how her belly could look that bad after pregnancy and then look so good after all her hard work. That is a compliment not a put down. Gawd! Look outside the box woman!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    The last 10 are always the hardest! Congratulations on making it this far, it's a tough job juggling being a mommy, a maid, a chief and an athlete! As for your tummy pooch, just remember how amazing it is to grow a little human in there? It's hard on your body, embrace what you've created.
    As for me, I can't wait to be 150 again! I'm 4 weeks post-partum and I'm excited about finding that fit, healthy me again. It's going to be harder this time (I've lost these same lbs before) but I'm also aware that my life and body are Forever changed. Hang in there. And keep up your hard work!

Yes it was wonderful to grow a little human in there and bring my son into this world!!!! But nothing can ever change my mind about wanting and needing to get rid of the pouch. Yes I am stubborn- I know!!! Just hope I can reach my goal for it to go away. I keep working at it anyway.