Probiotics

Options
Amandac6772
Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
Does anyone take probiotics to supplement their nutrtion? I started taking acidophilus this week. I've always struggled with a little tummy trouble so hoping this helps.

Replies

• ecac12345
    ecac12345 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do, and I give it to the kids as well when they have stomach issues. Your health is in your colon, so supply those healthy bacteria and it brings the balance back. You are doing great!
  • dnndavie
    dnndavie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I struggle with tummy trouble as well but when I took supplements with pro/prebiotics, I found it made it worse. Guess it depends on exactly what your symptoms are but the best thing is to try for a while and see if they work for you. I find things like Activia make my tummy worse as well.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. :flowerforyou:
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Spend the $ to buy good stuff at the health food store. They have made a huge difference for me; I didn't know I was supposed to feel this good all the time! The cheap generic ones at Walgreens made me feel sick and gassy.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    bump to read responses. I was just diagnosed with IBS-C. I have been taking Advocare probiotics for about 3 weeks now... no real change yet...
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Spend the $ to buy good stuff at the health food store. They have made a huge difference for me; I didn't know I was supposed to feel this good all the time! The cheap generic ones at Walgreens made me feel sick and gassy.

I was wondering about because I know it makes a difference with Fish Oil if you get the cheap version or the good version. unfortunately our nearest health food store is almost an hour away. i can probably order it online.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I ordered my probiotics online from Puritan's Pride, looks like the same brand Amanda got (Acidophilus).

Does anyone know how much of the stuff you should be taking? I don't have any serious problems; I just wanted to be more regular. I particularly have a harder time around TOM but I wanted to make it a habit of taking some every day.

Here's a tidbit about the difference of fish oils: http://www.omega-3.us/fish-oil/fish-oil-supplements/ ... I take Flax Oil myself (drizzle my serving over a salad).
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I order from Vitacost.com, their prices are almost half of what you pay in health food stores and the quality is just as good. My Brother-in-law owns his own health food store & he's the one who told me about Vitacost.com to help save money (although I do buy some stuff from his store to help support small local business :happy: ).
    Vitacost carries many, many name brands & you can do a search on what you want. Something I really like taking at night which helps is Natures Source Rejuvenzym & sometimes a stool softener as well, then in the AM first thing I take accidopholis (Jarrow Formulas). DIM-Plus also helps with estrogen balance for women & I take Michaels Water Balance Factors (can't get that on Vitacost but may be able to order thru another site).
    I wish you best of luck :flowerforyou: & know you're not alone :smile:
  • ivygirl328
    ivygirl328 Posts: 121
    Options
    Bump for later