10 pounds in 5 days

Options
okay, i've posted here before and i mentioned that i lost 5 pounds in three days, and i was told that it probably was unrealistic because of water weight, different times of day, etc etc. so i took that into account because that makes much more sense than such a dramatic weight loss. but two days later, and it says i've lost 5 more pounds.

i know that most people are trying 2 pounds a week, and that makes so much sense to me. i'd be happy with doing that. however, on a 1700 calorie budget per day, with three square meals and snacks in between, the scale tells me i've lost 10 pounds. it seems pretty unrealistic but i made a point to weigh myself in the mornings now, and that's what the scale is saying.

is it normal to lose weight like this when you're first starting out? does it have something to do with my metabolism? keep in mind i am very very new to this sort of thing; i've been living an unhealthy lifestyle my whole life, and i'm kinda on my own trying to change that, and i'm still learning. :)

Replies

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    All i can say is that im jealous ;),
    but try a different scale just to be sure.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    It is your body adjusting to all of the changes. For example, if you were overeating, you are now storing less in your bowels. If you were consuming more sodium and less water, you are now storing less water in your cells.
  • fly_butterfly
    fly_butterfly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It has been in my experience that the more weight you have to lose, the faster it comes off at first. Eventually everything will adjust and level out in the weeks to come.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My first 20 pounds dropped really fast...then it got so slow it was painful. lol

I had about 80 extra pounds on me at the beginning...