A little help plz guys

Options
Hey peeps I'm writing here because I need HELP lol I don't want to be the only one out here counting calories... Does this really help out guys? Any tips on using this to your advantage? If you log on regularly and can help out with any tips OR just to connect on the hunger struggle add me I been logging in faithfully for nearly 2 weeks, is anybody really doing this too? I've been under my calories goal everyday since the 1st of April and only a 2 lb loss should I be discouraged?

Replies

• Bubblevixen
    Bubblevixen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    2lb loss is actually quite good. The recommended weight loss is only 1lb a week :) 2lb if you have a lot of body fat to lose I think. To be honest, I always count any loss as a victory. Are you exercising as well or just calorie counting ?:)
  • btoeps74
    btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It has been working for me. Most weeks I have lost a pound with the exception of two, two pound loss weeks. The key is to use the diary and be honest with it. Don't fill it out to impress others. Do it for you to hold yourself accountable. Also if you use the barcode scanner on the app, be sure to visually confirm that the info matches what is printed on the actual barcode. I see a lot of incorrect nutrition values so I will type in the food in question and look for the one with the correct info. Lastly good luck!!
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well. You don't look like you have a lot of weight to lose so 2 pounds sounds great. Keep up the good work. I recently learned about using a TDEE calculation to have a very specific calorie daily goal. I just learned it today so I can't comment on whether it works. Good luck
  • IamD1
    IamD1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I"m fairly new also. About 5 weeks. I've been tracking everything that crosses my lips. I also use the tracker to preplan. I thinks it helps immensely. Without it I fear I would not be as successful. I've been on vacation this week and tracked my food to help me -my weekly weigh-in is tomorrow so wish me well.

Keep up the effort and don't be discouraged.
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You've gotten' to a good start and it's definitely worked for me. I've been using the site for just over 2 years tracking calories and exercise. I achieved my original goal but now i'm still looking at getting down another 10-15lbs. You can add me as a friend if you'd like. Good luck.
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    It sure does work! I don't use it so much for the calories, but for my macros instead. You are a real man if you're worried about your health. I use this site to ensure my kids have a dad still. Health and well being is everything man.
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It really does work! but you have to log all the time, you cant skip weekends or take lots of cheat days. its about commitment. And it sounds like you're doing great so far.
  • hotmammatotwogirls
    hotmammatotwogirls Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey Charm City

Congrat on logging in for over two weeks, and losing.
    Ive been logging in now for over 100 days, and am coming up to day 60 P90X.
    I have dropped about 17 pounds, if you are looking for support & motivation feel free to add me.
    Im on here everyday.

Good Luck to you!!

Roxy:)
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I've been using it faithfully for over three months. It really works if your goals are set correctly and you really commit to logging.