displaced Californian in Oregon.....

Options
So...up here to get husband a new liver at OHSU in Portland :-) As I try to deal with all the stress that brings, be supportive, I have noticed I have forgotten the most important person here. ME. So I have joined the community garden down the street, and my local TOPS group (Take Off Pounds Sensibly), and am tracking my food. It seems to be helping. I think when life is so spun up, its good to know that you can control one thing in your life. Your weight. I need to keep all my wits about me, when my world decides to put my on an emotional rollercoaster! So, any people in the Northern coastal area of Oregon, we can meet to walk, play tennis, or swim at the Astoria Aquatic Center, if I have the funds that is. I just need to keep myself out in society. Add me if you wish to :-) Sincerely Becca:smile:

Replies

• allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    Hey Becca.. Welcome to Oregon. :)
  • AylaishlyBecca
    Options
    ah well, I was raised in Gresham OR area a looong time ago, but my blood has become used to the HEAT of California!!! I am going stir crazy here at the Oregon coast.. But thanks for the welcome nonetheless!
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    TO answer you question about Gaston.. It is about an hour from Gresham and 20 minutes from hillsboro if you hit all green light and arent stuck behind people who cant do the speed limit. :smile:
  • cindyb305
    Options
    Hi Becca! I live near Portland, Oregon, transplanted from Miami, Florida 5 years ago. I don't miss the heat OR the bugs, lol! It seems you are near Astoria, but, when you are at OHSU, please know that I am available, most of the time, to walk or just visit, if you need company. I pray that things go well for your husband. I just joined MFP and have 100 pounds to lose. I hope you are doing well, working towards your goal! Best of luck to you!
  • AylaishlyBecca
    Options
    OOh thanks Cindy for the offer, that is so sweet of you! I am currently at 236, and hope to be under 200 when summer hits, if it does hit here lol. It is tough relocating, but I miss the person I was in California.... with a job, friends, and not this stress. I know its not anyones fault, just life. I need to embrace who I am now I know, but there are times when fleeing seems like a great option. Add me please :-) Becca