40 lbs :) w/Pic

Options
I started logging in my food and started exercising since August 2012. I have been doing it slow :) Since I started my weight loss journey, I have accomplished a few things along the way:

* I am able to run something I never did before, starting pace 17:00, now about 11:00 min/mile
* I am also healthy, I had high blood pressure for 5 years, it's been normal since Nov '12
* I went from size 12 to Size 8
* My starting weight was @ 198 lbs now 158 lbs.

I didn't take a before pic so I had to find one closest to my starting weight, so here it is:

547114_4667484290185_1544547538_n.jpg

Replies

• doclu
    doclu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations! I am exited to be be able to run 11per mile when I get to my goal weight.
  • rmurray614
    rmurray614 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You Rock!! I can't wait to be down 40lbs.
  • mona_patty
    mona_patty Posts: 170
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations! I am exited to be be able to run 11per mile when I get to my goal weight.

Thanks so much :) I never thought I would be a runner and here I am ....
  • mona_patty
    Options
    You Rock!! I can't wait to be down 40lbs.

Thanks :) Just be patient. I still can't believe I have lost 40 lbs.... slow and steady wins the race LOL
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Awesome work:) you look terrific!
  • Marcidy
    Marcidy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I'm sure the lil' cutie in the first pic is proud of you too! :)
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Good job :flowerforyou:
  • mona_patty
    Options
    thanks ladies!! Now i see the difference lol She is my niece, she hasn't seen me since my weight loss.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    lovely!!
  • gsdz4me
    gsdz4me Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well done. Like you I can run now but I have to stick with walking as my arthritic knee does not like it if I run but its is great to know that I can do it for a short distance and not feel like I am going keel over gasping for air ;-)
  • dreamandrea
    Options
    You look amazing! congratulations! well done!
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Thanks for sharing.
  • mona_patty
    Options
    thanks everyone!!! :) feels good to be healthy.
  • HoneyPie99
    Options
    Super loss..congrats!:happy:
  • mona_patty
    Options
    thank you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!