I need lunch ideas

kellykat
kellykat Posts: 180 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
I work from home so it's pretty easy for me to whip something up, but creativity has left me. Tell me what you eat for lunch.

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Taco salad with Lean Jennie- O ground turkey minus the shell!
  • louloup
    louloup Posts: 87 Member
    I nearly always have salad or veggies with Salmon.

Takes about 5 mins to do and is low cal. If I want carbs with it I have rice or ryvita crackers :)
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    I buy a rotisserie chicken and de-bone them. Then I have them available for salads with mixed greens, strawberries, walnuts and balsamic vinegar - or chicken with brown rice and veggies. You can always make a wrap with a whole wheat tortilla, chicken, black beans, avocado slices, lettuce and tomatoes, cucumbers etc., with veggie soup. Turkey burgers on Oroweat sandwich thins with BBQ sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions avocado slices, pita chips, baby carrots, cucumber slices and hummus. TONS of stuff you can do. Hope this gives you some ideas! :happy:
  • srivera21
    srivera21 Posts: 1
    I love making food at home!
    Try hummus Naan flatbread. Warm the flatbread and brush on olive oil. Eat with a side of baby carrot, red peppers and cucumbers.

Avocado turkey wrap. I use whole grain flatbread or a good whole grain bread. Mash 1/2 avocado and use as spread, then add turkey, lettuce and tomato and sprouts, olive oil and salt and pepper. Very yummy!
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    My favorite lunch is deer steak taco's on an ole high fiber wrap. Add some 2% cheese, lettuce, onions, and salsa and you are looking at 320 calories and 40 grams of protein. The hard part is getting the deer.
  • dford5
    dford5 Posts: 92 Member
    I love to use the frozen salmon fillets. They are individually wrapped too. I take one out in the morning to thaw and season it and pour a little olive oil on it. Throw it in the oven at 400 deg for about 15-20 minutes. And I eat steamed broccoli with it too.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    take a couple of slices of bread (I buy 'Healthy Life' from Schnucks, only 35calories ea slice!!)and take off the crust. chop tomato and onion ( or other veggies and cut small) and put a little amount on each slice. Add a little cheese of your choice and lunch meat and then fold diagonally. You could crimp closed with a fork, but not needed. Stick in a toaster oven or a grilled sandwich maker for about 5min. You have mini panini's custom made however you like! I added a little sour cream on the side, carrots, and cauliflower, and that was my lunch yesterday :)
    cal/carb/fat/sodium
    Schnuck's - Baby Style Carrots, 1.5 oz. (85g) 18/4/0/33
    Lunch Mate - Honey Turkey Breast- Deli Thin Sliced, 0.5 oz. 15/1/0/150
    Healthy Life - 35 Calorie White Bread, 4 slices 140/32/0/230
    Raw Red Onion - Red Onion Slice, 0.5 Large Slice 3/1/0/0
    Happy Farms - Finely Shredded Mexican Style Four Cheese, 1/6 cup 55/0/5/90
    Fresh Produce - Sliced Tomato, 1 slice 2 //0/1
    Raw - Califlower, 1 cup (100 g) 25/5/0/30
    Friendly Farms Aldi - Light Sour Cream, 2 Tablespoons 35/3/2/60
    TOTALS: 293 ***47***7***594

Again, can be customized for pretty much anything you have available. Cheap, fast and easy :)

I was doing the Green Giant Steamers for awhile, but my sodium was outta control, especially eating them almost EVERYday. Even the above meal is a bit high in sodium, but can be tweaked however. I only have the mini panini's once a week :)
  • I buy the Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers veggies. They have have tons of varieties to choose from like broccoli and cheese, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, potatos and green beans, potatos and broccoli, etc.

They take 5-7 minutes to steam and I usually eat them with chicken or turkey.
  • sherrie8929
    sherrie8929 Posts: 38 Member
    I have been eating lots of wraps at work. I get the Mission brand tortilla wraps in garden herb and spinach as well as the tomato and basil. I usually put the Oscar Mayer already made chicken in them (southwestern flavor), and if I want to eat it cold, I put some lettuce, cucumber, fresh red bell peppers sliced into it... then a little bit of either ranch or sundried tomato and roasted red pepper dressing.

If I want to make one of those hot, I will heat the chicken up first, put it on the tortilla with a little bit of monterey jack cheese, maybe some steam fresh corn, and ranch. Very simple, but oh so good! I usually have fresh fruit, carrots, celery (with peanut butter of course) and maybe some bread and butter pickles with it.

I know you didn't ask for snacks, but this can also be used as a side item for your lunch: Laughing Cow cheese wedge with Food Should Taste Good multigrain tortilla chips. DELICIOUS!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE flat out wraps. I fill them with homemade chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad, turkey breast (w/ lettuce, tomatoes and onions), even an omelette.

Another is I do a turkey rachel, with pastrami seasoned turkey breast, ezeikel bread and sauerkraut, I put it in the saute pan to get it all crispy.
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Bump
This discussion has been closed.